Reporting to a U.S.-based Manager, with mentoring from team peers, provide process and project support to help Research & Advisory experts in multiple geographies maintain efficiency and effectiveness. The applicant is expected to be a proactive, independent, and work well in teams across different time zones. The environment is fast-paced and blends the combination of collaborative interactions and independent work.
Note: This role will be primarily remote, however the candidate MUST be 1-2 hours from the Egham office as this role will require to be in office when leadership is in town. This role is looking for an administrative assistant to support our subject matter experts. Please see below.
Administrative Support: Responsibilities will include independently managing calendars, scheduling meetings across multiple time zones, making travel reservations and processing visa applications as needed, coordinating equipment & supplies for offices/home offices, assisting with on-boarding new analysts, and other administrative requests as needed. Will assist with preparation of numerous expense reports.
- Provide exceptional client service with a positive and professional attitude to both internal and external clients.
- React promptly and follow-through on all requests.
- Proactively communicate with all aligned associates on a regular basis.
- Develop the skills to serve as a knowledge resource for Microsoft Office programs and Gartner business and reporting tools.
Project Support : Provide support for special assignments under the direction of a manager, analyst, and/or peer.
- Assist with ad hoc project support, e.g., conference / event coordination and other special assignments.
- Work with various departments to improve the timeliness and quality of published research and presentations.
- Assist with moderating webinars, Zoom calls, or similar presentation platforms.
- A Levels’ or equivalent with a minimum of five GCSEs grade C or higher (grade 4 or higher in the new GCSE structure), including English
- 2 to 3 years’ administrative experience or customer support (internal or external customers)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams and/or Google Workspace (Google Drive, Google Sheets, & Google Docs) will be useful
- Candidates should be comfortable with public speaking (virtual / video).
- Strong organizational skills are necessary. Good math skills will be useful.
- Must be flexible, cordial, poised, efficient, and work well with a wide variety of personalities.
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy; Medical, Dental & Vision Plans; parental leave; Employee Assistance Program (EAP); 401K match; charity match program
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and numerous growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:68876
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.