About this role
Gartner is currently seeking a Principal, Team Manager for its PRM-QUADS (GBS) COE*. The team leverages proprietary quantitative data and frameworks to offer original, actionable insights to key business problems facing senior executives across industries. The role is a team manager position cutting across multiple practice areas. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a team of quantitative researchers and partnering with global research teams to produce published content, presentations and webinars.
What you will do
This is team manager role with expectations to lead and manage a team of quantitative specialists and develop insightful data-led content.
Primary responsibilities include team management and research content development.
- Manage the India-based quantitative research team that is responsible for authoring research, manage quality and productivity of the team, triage requests as appropriate, and oversee day-to-day operations.
- Provide thought leadership and mentorship to team members related to all aspects of quantitative research including survey design, data analysis, content writing, client walkthroughs, and insight generation among others.
- Develop a First Team culture – work closely with peer managers to build trust, encourage teamwork and identify synergies to capitalize for highest impact.
- Lead the design and creation of primary data collection instruments (surveys, web data, etc.), sampling methodologies, and quantitative models
- Conceptualize and create client-facing research deliverables such as client presentations, published research, webinars and tools.
- Build quantitative methodology proposals that use inferential Statistical/Econometric models to validate research hypothesis and create actionable insights for Gartner clients
- Create compelling and unique data visualizations that accurately communicate insights and teaching points to our clients
- Lead and promote best practice in design, execution, process & delivery of products and projects.
What you will need
- MBA or master’s degree or Ph.D. in Economics / Statistics / other related fields with significant expertise in data analysis, quantitative research, analytics or benchmarking.
- Minimum 7 years of experience at a leading research / data analytics / business intelligence / consulting firm.
- At least 2 years of managerial experience with direct supervision responsibilities.
Technical Skills and Competencies
- Desire and ability to assume a leadership role in a collaborative, fast-paced multi-cultural environment
- Should have strong project management experience demonstrating the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- People management skills – Experience of managing teams in a matrix reporting environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, as you will be leading discussions with our global client base and senior leaders across Gartner
- Outstanding written communication skills and a drive to create and communicate high-impact storylines through written narratives
- Demonstrated expertise in leading exploratory quantitative research studies and building Statistical/ Econometric models using structured and/or unstructured data
- Strong foundational knowledge and extensive practical experience in running supervised and unsupervised Statistical techniques such as regressions, factor analysis, clustering, etc.
- Mastery in at least one Statistical software package (R, Python, SPSS, etc.)
- Experience in sampling methodologies, survey questionnaire design, and data management
- Demonstrated ability in independently managing multiple high-complexity and data-intensive projects simultaneously
- Creative and independent thinking with superior problem-solving abilities
- Ability to collaborate with globally distributed team members from diverse backgrounds
What you will get
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:68825
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.