About the role:
The Gartner Receptionist will help ensure that the office runs efficiently and will be the face of Gartner to clients and guests who will visit the office. The Receptionist will utilize organizational and interpersonal skills to work with all associates and clients.
What you will do:
- To promote and cement strong relationships with clients when they arrive into the reception area.
- Answer the telephone in a clear, positive and professional manner to ensure good customer care of all enquires
- To ensure that all visitors to a Gartner building are made welcome, ascertaining their requirements, assisting them with general information or passing them onto the appropriate person
- To ensure all visitors and associates follow and adhere to the visitor management system
- To ensure and help associates adhere to the different technology platforms being introduced in Gartner for office space and security system
- To act as the central communication link between all associates and visitors to a Gartner office and the real estate team
- To provide backup and support within the staffing structure and carry out the duties of another member of the reception team in the event of absence or sickness to ensure continuity of service to all visitors and associates
- To work closely with the real estate team for the effective delivery of services from Reception
- Additionally, the Receptionist contributes to the effective administration of office processes (stationery, maintenance scheduling, upkeep, and presentation of office)
Liaison and Networking
- To liaise with associates, external customer/visitors to Gartner in order to meet the aims and objectives of the position and provide a holistic service for our clients
- To work closely with building management, other vendors and teams for the daily office operations. Raise tickets where applicable.
- To be responsible for the delivery of high levels of customer care and service delivery within the reception and common use office areas
- To coordinate on associate’s requests to provide a supporting role to their office activities and use of the facilities
- Maintain the Reception and office areas in a clean, functional and safe condition
- Demonstrate an understanding of Customer Relationship Management and incorporate it into the role of the Receptionist to enhance customer satisfaction with the services provided
Office Operations - Maintenance and Cleanliness
- Eye for details – Finding, recording, escalating and resolution. Identify cleaning, repair and maintenance activities and record them daily. Follow daily procedure timeline, manuals and checklists
- Maintenance and cleaning of kitchen/pantry equipment for daily use
- Office Supplies Audit – Responsible of efficient inventory and storage of office and pantry supplies
- Understanding of equipment operations and maintenance like coffee machine, dishwasher, fridge etc.
- Coordination with building management for after office hour office cleaning
- Upkeep of meeting rooms – Meeting rooms to be made available for use after every use. The room must be refreshed, chairs to be placed back properly, check for other cleaning and maintenance activities
- Coordination with vendors/contractor or other external agencies for quick resolution to repair and maintenance activities
Occupational Health and Safety
- Management and stock taking of first aid boxes as per local OHS regulations
- Ensure timely and correct reporting to the Facility manager of any OHS incidents occurred in office
- Participate and provide regular OHS updates to the regional team in monthly meetings
- Required to be First aider and Fire Warden
What you will need:
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good level of MS Word and Excel skills are essential
- Previous office coordination experience is preferred
- Experiences from hotels, restaurants, airlines are a plus (roles such as Host, Customer Services, Passenger Services)
- Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement initiatives
- Excellent telephone manner and strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, able to work independently with minimum direction, self-starter
- Extremely organized, ability to multi-task & manage multiple priorities
- Team player mindset with a high level of flexibility (work overtime, as needed)
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity in handling confidential documents and information
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Health Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Tuition Reimbursement Program and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:68819
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.