Title: Sr. Specialist – Data Science
About the role:
Gartner’s Human Resources Practice is currently seeking a Senior Data Science Specialist for its fast-paced, growing HR Data Insights and Innovation team. The team’s mission is to drive innovations in data collection, data mining and data analysis in order to push the boundaries of what is possible for our research insight and research products. The role is responsible for data collection (structure and non-structured), data transformation, data storage, and data visualization.
What you will do:
- Build data infrastructures to extract, combine, analyze, and share data from various internal and external data sources.
- Design and implement data pipeline by performing ETL processes.
- Understand requirements and business process knowledge to transform data that meets end-users’ needs.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate data processes.
- Create and maintain tools that turn data systems into actionable insight.
- Know which statistical technique to use in which situations; implement statistical methods such as cluster analysis, factor analysis, and multivariate analysis.
- Tell stories with data through expert analysis, interpretation, and data visualization that convey key takeaways.
- Collaborate with globally distributed stakeholders in the creation of new and compelling data assets and data products, as well as the enhancement of our current products.
- Be as comfortable communicating analytical insights as creating them; effectively present insights to internal stakeholders.
- Find new opportunities to leverage data and collaborate across the research practice.
- Contribute to the team growth and strategy through self-development and collaboration with peers.
What you will need:
- Masters or PhD in disciplines with a strong quantitative component, including, but not limited to, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Data Science.3-5 years of experience, with expertise in data engineering, data science,, and analytics
- Proficiency with statistical concepts
- Advanced knowledge of Python, R, and SQL; working knowledge of AWS
- Advanced knowledge of data visualization software like MS Power BI or Tableau
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented and strong commitment to high quality results to serve needs of clients and internal partners
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, and more!
- Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:68732
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.