About the role
Talent Neuron is the world's leading source of talent supply and demand data. The Middleware team develops and maintains APIs used by all Talent Neuron products that provide the information our customers need to help them make strategic decisions.
Gartner is looking for a well-rounded and motivated Senior Software Developer to join its Middleware team.
What you will do
○ Build and automate the deployment of Middleware APIs.
○ Work on ingestion platforms using Java, Scala, Python and AWS cloud services (e.g. AWS OpenSearch, EMR, ECS, EKS, Lambda, Step Functions)
○ Collaborate with Quality Assurance & help write automated tests to ensure data integrity and prevent data loss
○ Understand the data pipelines to gain knowledge and contribute for the improvements.
○ Work with administrative resources and support provisioning, monitoring, configuration and maintenance of AWS tools, S3, & MYSQL
○ Promote the integration of new cloud technologies and continuously acquire knowledge on new tools that will improve the organization’s capabilities while leading to lower total cost of operation
○ Support automation efforts across the data analytics team utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools such as Jenkins
○ Work with the team to implement data governance, access control and identify and reduce security risks.
What you will need
○ Degree in Computer Science or related technical fields.
○ Minimum of 3 years’ experience in software development.
○ Expertise with Java.
○ Experience building RESTful APIs.
○ Strong understanding of OOPS, Design principles and Distributed systems.
○ Hands on Experience with Spring Security, JDBC 2.0, Hibernate/JPA.
○ Understanding of JRE, Linux and Troubleshooting of runtime issues.
○ Good understanding of AWS services such as S3, OpenSearch ECS, EKS, Lambda, Step Functions, EMR.
○ Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
○ Takes initiative on improvements and testing results
○ Owner mindset – identify, communicate, and act on issues and initiatives
○ Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in an organized and timely manner
○ Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
○ Experience working with fast-paced operations/dev teams and DevOps
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:68644
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.