Healthcare, Provider Administration and Value-Based Care – Sr. Director Analyst Gartner Research & Advisory Services
US / North America
About the Team:
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions, and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations.
Our Analysts publish these insights as pragmatic and provocative research. Additionally, they reinforce Gartner’s value every day by engaging clients via in-person and virtual meetings, sales support visits, Gartner conferences, and industry events.
Gartner Analysts have a keen eye for finding gaps, problems, and solutions within the market they serve. They use their knowledge to help clients make better decisions, solve complex issues, and execute new practices that propel clients’ businesses toward critical objectives.
About the Role:
Gartner Research & Advisory has an exciting senior Director Analyst opportunity within the Healthcare and Life Sciences practice. This role will focus on revenue cycle management and population health management, as reflected in the person specification below.
The Senior Director Analyst (Healthcare & Life Sciences [HC&LS]) will serve HC&LS industry clients locally, nationally, and globally. Utilizing exceptional research and analytical skills, writing, and public speaking, a Senior Director, produces pragmatic and provocative written study research and presentations. Gartner clients use that content and advice to manage their business better.
Gartner is recruiting a candidate with experience in US health systems revenue cycle management (RCM), and population health management (PHM), from global healthcare or life sciences organizations like hospitals, academic medical centres, and health delivery organizations.
The successful candidate will develop a leading industry voice on how modern RCM and PHM best practices, technologies, and approaches improve business results and outcomes.
Direct experience working in healthcare RCM, PHM, or technology-focused research advisory services advising on these issues is preferred.
- Experience working at a senior level (E.g., Director level / VP level focusing on RCM or Pop Health Management, or a senior researcher in this field with previous industry experience in healthcare)
- Familiar with modern RCM business processes, vendor and associated health systems challenges :
- Value Based Care vs Fee for Service implications for RCM and PHM
- Clinical Coding and Documentation for RCM
- PHM and RCM business processes for healthcare providers
- EPR technologies and how they connect to PHM and RCM systems.
- Knowledge & familiarity with the vendor landscape for healthcare RCM and/or PHM.
- Understanding of how newer technologies and techniques can be applied to healthcare RCM and PHM practices
- E.g., AI/ML and automation technologies for clinical coding, RCM back office, claims management
- Business Intelligence & Corporate Performance Analytics used for RCM
What you will do:
- Create high quality, clear, actionable, “must-have research” content based on research best practices and methodologies
- Develop new research and ideas through thought leadership and offer compelling, actionable approaches to the client's needs and requests that accelerate the client's ability to act
- Find the root cause of a client’s barriers or overall needs and reframe thinking to drive the strategy forward
- Demonstrate thought leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts
- Provide clients and prospects with actionable advice aligned to their designated content area via virtual or face-to-face interactions
- Support Research and Sales: Provide sales support, serving as the voice of the market to help research teams create content and drive engagement with clients to make progress against their critical priorities to grow their business
- Create and deliver presentation materials for Gartner events, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings
- Provide high quality and prompt research content peer review
- Predict how specific markets are developing, help clients in their selection process and assist vendors in overall positioning
- Build credibility as a domain or industry expert to represent Gartner research, methodology, and strategy
- Actively take part in innovation, creativity, and research discussions and collaborate effectively with peers in the research community
- Be a mentor and a coach by supporting more junior team members
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Graduate degree preferred
- 8+ years of relevant field or industry experience
- Strong written and verbal proficiency, analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions
- Ability to work independently while also being intrinsically motivated to collaborate across teams and support the workflow of others in a multicultural global team
- Demonstrate executive presence; can immediately establish credibility with executives and additional stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills: ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high-quality deliverables
- Demonstrate superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions
- Demonstrate excellence in research and writing ability
- Proficient in analysing and synthesizing data; can effectively apply patterns and frameworks to client challenges
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Subject matter expertise comfortable presenting at large and small-scale speaking engagements
- Learning agile and adept at navigating highly matrixed environments
- Ability to effectively adjust communication style to different audiences
- Willingness and ability to travel (where applicable).
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:68615
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.