About this role
Gartner’s IT Role-Based Products group is hiring a Sr. Principal, Quantitative Research to lead quantitative research efforts as part of our global Software Engineering research team. They will generate actionable business ideas and data-driven insights to address critical issues and complex challenges facing the software engineering function. Sr. Principals work closely with C-level executives, researchers, and advisors to lead research initiatives using primary and secondary research methods, designing and implementing surveys, analysis and statistical modeling, and proprietary research methods.
What you’ll do
- Set and execute quantitative analytics strategy for the team, in partnership with senior researchers and practice leadership
- Dissect problems using quantitative and qualitative research and analysis skills, inductive and deductive reasoning, abstract thinking and root-cause analysis
- Lead new-to-world quantitative research workstreams, including survey modeling and design, and other data collection techniques
- Analyze large data sets using advanced statistical techniques to test hypotheses and identify actionable insights for senior executives
- Convert research and data analysis results into clear narratives and visually- compelling presentations designed to teach ideas to clients and stakeholders
- Identify new opportunities to apply quantitative research approaches and survey data to support software engineering leaders’ top priorities
- Innovate on ways to drive data use/re-use and connect research objectives to existing or new-to-world data
- Develop and mentor junior members of the team
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in an analytics-heavy field (e.g., Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Applied Statistics, Policy Analysis, etc.); Master’s/PhD strongly preferred
- 7+ years of experience in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to identify relevant findings
- Expertise in designing and implementing research surveys
- Project management experience across large-scale research projects
- Experience creating intuitive graphical representations of data for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to extract insight from data using statistical analyses (e.g., multi-variate regressions, logistic regressions, cluster analysis, factor analysis, etc.) and supporting software packages (e.g., R, Python, SPSS, etc.)
- Ability to flex communication skills based on the data acumen and decision-making style of peers, qualitative stakeholders, and clients
- Ability to build strong partnerships with stakeholders (e.g., qualitative researchers, Analysts, Advisors, Chiefs of Research, etc.) located across multiple geographies and
- Proficiency in advanced analytics techniques (e.g., natural language processing, machine learning, etc.) a plus, but not required
Who you are
- An analytical thinker with the ability to solve business problems using qualitative and quantitative information
- A confident communicator both verbally and in writing, with the ability to teach ideas to a non-technical, business audience
- An expert in in the practical application of survey design and statistical methods
- An independent worker who enjoys working as part of a global team
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to high-quality results
What you get
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:68465
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.