About this role:
The Director of Organizational and Leadership Development is accountable for informing and supporting deployment of the executive leadership development strategy and cultural programs across Gartner. This position designs and develops leadership development programs, curricula and content that supports Gartner’s business objectives. This role uncovers leadership development needs and concerns while partnering with senior leaders, Leadership and Organizational Effectiveness team, DEI COE and HR Partners. Has a broad scope of influence over all parts of the organization through diagnosis of leadership-based challenges and recommendations for appropriate development solutions.
What you will do:
- Executes the design, development and delivery of leadership programs and interventions for organizational leaders that result in measurable business outcomes. Inclusive of Sales VP development programs and targeted cultural and engagement support tools, resources, and education.
- Partners, consults, and supports business leaders, HR COEs and HR team members to identify individual and team performance needs and solutions that will increase managerial and leadership effectiveness.
- Oversees development of leadership tools and materials such as handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, computer-based software, and knowledge validation tests. Ensures most effective method is utilized.
- Drives greater understanding and use of the leadership principles to ensure consistency in language, models and tools across leadership development programs and experiences.
- Informs and leverages evaluation strategies to evaluate program effectiveness, and uses analytics, statistics metrics and trends to modify or improve Leadership Development programs.
- Creates implementation plans that result in high-quality participant experiences, ongoing program sustainability and cost-effective use of resources.
- Facilitates leadership development and learning programs, workshops, events and activities.
- Builds implementation plans that result in high-quality participant experiences, ongoing program sustainability and cost-effective use of resources.
- Coaches leaders on 360 feedback and other assessment results, typically when connected to a leadership development event or program.
What you will need:
- People management experience required.
- Certified practitioner in one or more 5-factor psychometric assessments / team efficiency methodologies preferred.
- 7+ experience as an in-house exec development/coaching expert, certified executive coach, or a former OD external consultant a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong presence, poise, persuasiveness, and client service skills.
- Ability to gain an in-depth understanding and analyze key business drivers, strategy goals, and challenges to effectively support the organization.
- Establishes high level of credibility quickly; appropriate confidence to gain the trust and respect of key stakeholders and leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to design and facilitate leadership development programs.
- Negotiates well in difficult situations, with a deep sensitivity to cultural and regional differences.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program, 401k matching and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:68392
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.