Senior Principal, Analyst - North America
About Gartner Analysts:
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. Gartner Analysts possess a keen eye for identifying gaps, problems and solutions within the market they serve. They use their knowledge to help clients make better decisions, solve complex issues and execute new practices that propel clients’ businesses toward key objectives. Our Analysts publish these insights as pragmatic and/or provocative research. Additionally, they reinforce Gartner’s value every day by engaging clients via in-person and virtual meetings, sales support visits, Gartner conferences and industry events.
About the Role:
Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for a Senior Principal, Analyst to join our global HR Technology Research team.
You will help Heads of HR Technology (HRIT) and other senior HR Technology leaders to identify, select and boost the effectiveness of HR technologies.
We value curiosity, bold ideas and intellectual courage. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
What you will do:
Senior Principal Analysts produce research that solves complex business challenges on a global scale. This includes directing the scope of the research, collecting and analyzing data, identifying and executing on product deliverables (e.g. vendor assessments, issue analysis, survey results, and event presentations), and building new content ideas. You will need a flexible approach to work to respond to market needs as they are uncovered and evolve. Senior Principals also partner with commercial and other team members to drive to positive client and business outcomes.
- Create innovative, thought provoking, and highly leveraged “must-have research” content, to provide clients with actionable approaches to navigate their challenges with HCM suites and other HR technologies or related topics.
- Deliver compelling interactions with clients to provide them with actionable advice via virtual or face-to-face interactions.
- Develop and deliver impactful presentations for Gartner events, conferences, and client briefings, on HR technologies or related topics.
- Provide support to sales teams, to drive engagement with clients.
- Build credibility as an industry expert to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategy.
- Actively participate in innovation, ideation, and research discussions and collaborate effectively with peers in the research community.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of relevant field or industry experience
- Strong written and verbal proficiency, analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions
- Ability to work independently, while also being intrinsically motivated to collaborate across teams and support the workflow of others, in a multicultural global team
- Strong organizational skills, to allow you to produce high quality deliverables under tight deadlines
- Demonstrable executive presence to establish credibility with executives and similar stakeholders
- Demonstrable excellence in research and writing ability
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts concisely and simply
- Demonstrate superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions
- Subject matter expertise, market knowledge and experience working with a variety of HR technologies, including but not limited to HCM suites, solutions or applications.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Careers & the disABLED Magazine Top 50 Employers 2021
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:68221
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.