Senior Director Analyst – Infrastructure and Operations, Remote Europe
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you will be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas, and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery, and collaboration, you will not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you are always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here !
What we are looking for:
Gartner is looking for a Senior Director Analyst to provide research and advisory to our Infrastructure and Operations clients in Europe and beyond. In the role you will be expected to have experience and deep knowledge of IT Operations, with a focus on monitoring infrastructure, applications, and business systems to understand a complete view of the business experience of IT. Your experience will include IT Operations Management technologies, vendors, processes, and best practices to provide actionable insights to our clients. In addition, a Senior Director Analyst demonstrates exceptional writing, analytical thinking, public speaking skills, and ability to provide relevant insights to an array of IT Leaders.
You will work with a collaborative team of highly experienced analysts and advisors to build authoritative research and advice that directly addresses the priorities and challenges of IT Operations Management leaders.
- Research and gather data in support of analysis and position development in areas related to IT Operations Management and monitoring IT services, especially regarding Application Performance.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify how changing technology and provider landscape will impact Infrastructure and Operations design and management choices
- Serving as an authority on the technology market, buyer behavior, and local market implications around IT Operations Management products
- Provide actionable insights to IT leaders on how to monitor, manage, and optimize their increasingly complex hybrid cloud environments.
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, industry contacts, vendors, and analysts, and by evaluating and analyzing information.
- Participate in research meetings, and conduct interviews, surveys, and reviews of statistical analysis.
- Create thought leading written research in fulfillment of Gartner's commitment to clients.
- Respond to client inquiries as required, providing individualized advice to IT leaders or vendor clients.
- Define, lead and conduct client audio teleconferences.
- Present at multiple conferences as an industry expert.
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone and through face-to-face sales calls.
- Take press calls relevant to research expertise areas to promote the Gartner brand.
At Gartner, we emphasize cutting edge thinking, disciplined analysis and most important, actionability. We are passionate about helping clients solve IT and business problems. If this resonates with you, and you have the skills and experience we are looking for, we would like to hear from you.
- 10 plus years of experience working within IT Infrastructure and Operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-motivated manner but within a collaborative team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills. Candidate should have demonstrated expertise in advising executives on their mission critical priorities
Candidates will need to possess deep knowledge and experience in:
- Application performance monitoring (APM), Artificial Intelligence for IT Operations (AIOps), IT infrastructure monitoring (ITIM), Observability, and/or network performance monitoring and diagnostics (NPMD)
- Have led or been part of an SRE Team involved in monitoring modern architectures and Cloud Environments
- Monitoring, managing, and optimizing the next-generation private, public and hybrid cloud computing architectures.
- Deploying best practices for Infrastructure and Operations management and governance for environments both on premise and in the cloud.
- Improving IT services utilizing algorithms and analytics architectures.
- How leading IT organizations are leveraging IT Operations to support digital business.
- Assisting clients of all sizes, complexity, and maturity navigate the vendor landscape of technology choices.
- Creating best practices for IT Leaders to manage their technologies, people, processes and business alignment.
- DevOps or other agile methodologies.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:68213
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.