This role serves as lead Program Director for the creation of Gartner Keynotes and provides strategic and operational leadership to keynote teams. This individual manages the strategic partnership, strategy and execution of Gartner keynotes and is responsible for developing, deploying, and managing scalable processes. This individual partners with R&A Experts, R&A Studio, and the R&A Editorial Board, and is the key liaison between R&A and Conference partners including the Associate Director Strategic Content, the Vice President Customer Insights and the Director of Production. This role is critical to the success of a joint R&A and Conference initiative to elevate Gartner keynotes across key practices.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Lead Program Director for 2-3 Gartner keynotes per year.
- Serve as trusted advisor to R&A keynote creation teams.
- Develop, manage, and execute timelines, project plans, process improvements, and strategic vision.
- Collaborate closely with Global Conferences production and creative teams, to deliver exceptional, impactful audience experiences, and support speaker-development and coaching initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Customer Insights team to lead market-research, competitive intelligence and needs-assessment initiatives, in guiding strategic content development
- Leverage data to drive business process design and decisions.
- Identify opportunities for innovative change and continuous enhancement of existing programs through ongoing review and analysis.
- Serve as key liaison between R&A and Conferences, to ensure alignment on overall goals.
- Design and deliver program communications and presentations to senior executives within R&A and Conferences. Manage ongoing interactions and communications with internal stakeholders.
- Lead and manage business initiatives and process development for multiple, concurrent, complex programs and initiatives.
- Manage the achievement of business objectives, goals and satisfaction of business needs by designing, coordinating, implementing, managing, measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of keynote processes.
- Partner within Research, Conferences and other key business areas to develop and implement cohesive strategic programs. Identify, create and execute on operational strategies and tactical plans.
- Lead and direct process management through process design, execution and service excellence.
- Design excellent processes and/or optimize existing processes, using principles of efficiency, simplicity, leverage, data utilization, and change management; influence and impact change.
- Employ an expert, service, and champion-mindset with a targeted approach that will achieve measurables business impact.
- Maintain an excellent business acumen. Demonstrate an understanding of Gartner Research and Conferences in order to effectively lead and manage Research Conferences projects, programs and processes.
- Apply project planning methodology to all projects, underpinned by fact-based data and change management methods. Create and manage success measurement criteria to continually assess outcomes to improve project execution.
- Deliver regular project reporting (monthly/quarterly) to key stakeholders to communicate progress and metrics measurements.
- 10+ years business experience, with progressive responsibility, in an extremely fast paced work environment
- In depth experience of the IT Research industry and the Events business, preferably within Gartner or a similar Research or related environment.
- 5+ years successful project management experience involving implementation of large strategic projects in a complex matrixed organization with distributed virtual teams.
- Demonstrated track record of successful business analysis, design and management of optimized processes, projects and programs in a complex global workforce environment.
- Ability to both advise senior management on project design/direction & to lead and guide less experienced colleagues.
- Excellent project management skills inclusive of understanding business operations, process decomposition, scoping, planning, analytical, needs requirement, organization, initiative & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Gartner’s technologies and applications is desirable.
- Strong communication & change management skills
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate and influence to manage diverse groups to reach successful outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team player, with excellent time management & prioritization skills to manage a heavy, diverse workload, multiple non-routine complex projects, often with competing priorities and tight deadlines, concurrently, maintaining complete control over process at all times.
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
Experience with Microsoft software including Excel, Word, PPT and Project. Also has a solid understanding and usage of databases, analysis tools, and standard reporting tools.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:67967
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.