The Director, RBA will play a key role in defining, creating and delivering powerful content analytics. This proven, independent, highly analytical problem solver will be a player/coach who is as comfortable rolling up their sleeves to get the job done as they are leading strategic initiatives for e.g., Insight and content quality, client value measurement, and topic analytics to name a few.
In close collaboration with business stakeholders, IT and R&A leadership, the Director, RBA will support the application of data-driven insights into the content planning, investment and measurement process. This is an exciting opportunity to be hands on in our efforts to implement modern measurement plans and longer term roadmaps for Gartner’s world-class, must-have content.
Research Business Analytics (RBA) team is part of the Research & Advisory Strategy (R&A) organization. We power fact-based decision making by providing data, insights and analytic tools to continuously improve our business – operationally and strategically.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with internal client organizations to understand their business and provide data, reporting and actionable insights to support their success. Topics covered would include customer journey analytics, current resource utilization, future resource allocation, and content value analysis. Continuously and collaboratively prioritize efforts against areas of highest business impact.
- Continuous improvement: Take initiative to identify and roll out improvement initiatives related both to RBA deliverables (e.g. new, innovative data sources, analytic insights, tools) as well as operational process improvement (e.g. improving RBA processes and communications).
- Domain expertise and thought leadership: Become a deep subject-matter expert on Gartner’s analytic tools, reports & data infrastructure. Continuously push towards the bleeding edge of technology adoption and thought leadership.
- Strategic initiatives: Partner with stakeholders and other team members to define and roll out strategic initiatives and key, cross-organizational deliverables.
- Stakeholder management & communication: Build deep and lasting relationships with stakeholders across the Research & Advisory organization as well as other functional areas, including IT, Product, Finance and Human Resources.
What you will need:
- Experience : 8+ years of progressive business experience involving data and analytics. Experience in web analytics, customer journey analytics and digital marketing analytics preferred
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required with a master’s degree preferred.
- Technical competency : Demonstrated ability to quickly master advanced software tools (Excel, SQL, Power BI, Tableau, Looker, etc.) and databases (dimensional and relational), including data ingestion and transformation. Experience with Web metrics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), data science tools (Python/R) to conduct predictive/prescriptive analysis, text and sentiment analytics is preferred.
- Exceptional problem solving: Proven track record of solving complex problems, thinking creatively, and using data to tell a story to influence senior level stakeholders. Demonstrated thought leadership with high business impact throughout career.
- Leadership: Successfully led key initiatives; engaging teams and key stakeholders across business functions and at all levels of the organization.
- Collaboration: Strong collaboration and influencing skills in a highly matrixed environment.
- Communication: Outstanding verbal and written communication – structured, engaging and compelling.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:67811
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.