Title: Manager, Exhibit Operations
About the role:
We are seeking a creative thinker with strong project management skills for a manager level role in our Global Conference Exhibit Operations organization which provides our clients innovative, value-based sponsorship products that drive revenue and retention. This role will be responsible for the development and management of global exhibitor products across multiple B2B virtual and live conferences. Biggest areas of impact include:
- Exhibit/Sponsorship product delivery
- Exhibit/Sponsorship inventory management
- Strategies for engagement between conference attendees and exhibitors
What you will do:
- Manage product inventory and projection modeling for various exhibit and sponsorship products. Create and maintain product strategies to drive maximum revenue.
- Develop and present risk assessments for various components of exhibitor products based on shifts in market demand or capacity.
- Partner with Exhibit Operations leadership team on projects by providing feedback and maximize output to scale the business.
- Effectively lead supplier management and contract negotiations for select vendors that support product delivery focusing on reducing expenses to improve margins.
- Consistently innovate operational and reporting processes to create efficiencies and improve productivity using BPI methodologies, inventory management platforms and/or tools.
- Lead and inspire a rapidly expanding and diverse team, with a focus on continuous feedback and coaching.
- Liaise and collaborate with key partners and team members (both internal and external) to ensure successful execution; build and maintain good relationships by establishing trust.
- Analyze data to develop metrics-driven exhibitor retention and attendee engagement strategy to determine best course of action on various conference elements.
- Attend conferences as the onsite lead for in-person and virtual exhibit delivery including managing the production schedule, conference staff and liaising with agency partners and vendors.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Gartner’s conference business including the value proposition for attendees and exhibitors.
- Become an expert on Gartner’s exhibitor products, pricing strategy and conference financials.
- Achieve operational excellence and execute conferences on time, within budget and with great attention to detail.
- Become a respected leader and mentor across Gartner and build a strong personal brand reputation.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7-10 Years experiential marketing, event management, event marketing, or tradeshow management
- Demonstrated track record of creating or fulfilling revenue driving sponsorship products in complex live-event environments
- Project management experience on detailed programs with multiple variables and dependencies
- Proven ability to improve business processes resulting in increased efficiency and productivity
- Experienced management of teams and talent development
- Effective people management and leadership skills with a passion for a collaborative work environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills especially with senior level professionals, cross-functionally and with agency partners
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, implement and manage change and strive for continuous improvement
- Strong oral & written communication skills with experience presenting to audiences with the purpose of motivating or persuading
- Motivated team player with desire to learn and grow
- Ability to thrive in high pressure situations
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:67376
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.