About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the Role:
This role will focus on automating and supporting IT infrastructure and application deployment processes and tasks to improve our capabilities and service offerings with greater self-service abilities using infra-as-code principles, DevOps tools and open-source technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure Gartner’s enterprise application environments are stable, reliable and secure. Meet and exceed SLA's/OLA's.
- Support technology leaders to advance our application platforms and automation pipelines.
- Provide and support the tactical and strategic directions for Gartner's cloud and application infrastructure.
- Manage and consolidate Gartner’s application deployments to drive down costs.
- Provide status reports to the Team Manager, Sr. Director and VP of Application Services in Enterprise Technology and Operations.
- Support our security, performance, observability and resiliency frameworks.
- Support AppDev teams to ensure delivery of desired business outcomes
- Maintain Service Levels and department goals for Incident and Problem resolution.
- Support automation efforts across DevOps team utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC), micro service-based cloud deployments and CI & CD.
- Work on container technologies docker [AKS/EKS/ECS].
- Work on Cloud Providers like Azure and Azure.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor degree in computer science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of Information Technology experience in a public cloud platform and related services [Azure preferred], Kubernetes, automation development, and/or orchestration positions.
- Hands-on experience with Azure services (Azure App Services, Azure VM, Function Apps, ADF, Azure CLI, ARM Templates etc.)
- Experience with containers, docker, Kubernetes and serverless functions
- Experience in deployment pipelines, configuring and maintaining, troubleshooting .NET, IIS, java and open-source application is required
- Experience with Infrastructure Configuration and Provisioning tools and concepts (Terraform, Ansible, HashiCorp Packer, Puppet, Chef or similar)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes and DevOps tools (Jenkins, other)
- Experience in supporting workloads on Windows and/or Unix (RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu) is equired
- Must have strong scripting experience (python, shell, groovy, powershell etc.)
- Experience utilizing tools such as DataDog, Dynatrace, Splunk, or similar is desired
- Ability to participate in a rotational on-call support is required
- Adept at learning and applying new technologies and solving new problems
- Relevant Cloud Certifications is an asset
Who you are:
- Passionate about open-source technologies, self-learner who keeps abreast with latest developments.
- Passion for automation and developing infrastructure as code.
- A team player who can comfortably work with distributed teams across the globe.
- Able to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:67293
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.