About this role:
We are a team of highly motivated and talented people who are responsible for the accurate, timely and efficient processing of Invoicing activities across multiple regions. You will review contracts for accuracy and provide recommendations to ensure they comply with established SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) policy, pricing policy and country specific laws. You will process contracts through Oracle based order entry system to provide clients with their deliverables and invoice.
What you’ll do:
- Process invoices each month and follow up with Sales for purchase orders and signed agreements for letter of intent bookings
- Understand and adhere to all corporate guidelines for 30+ country and state specific invoicing regulations, tax rules and exemptions
- Review WIP; provide feedback on potential issues and recommend potential edits for the order management team
- Complete an Invoicing Check List. Manage and maintain large datasets of action items. Work with Business units if key data points are missing ensuring Gartner maximizes invoicing accuracy for the month / quarter
- Enter all specific Client billing data (Tax IDs, exemption data, Purchase Order Numbers, Invoice Customization) into OPI (Order Processing Invoicing) system, update and invoice clients in accordance with the contractual terms
- Review Invoicing Work-In-Progress report for accuracy
- Work closes with cash applications to ensure payments and credits are properly applied, tax team to ensure all tax guidelines are understood and followed, order management to ensure booking data is updated and accurate, collections to ensure invoice data is received and accurate.
- Electronically file all emails and billing documentation (Invoices, exception certificates, purchase orders, requests, and approvals) in Sharedpoint
- Electronically retrieve client Purchase orders from e-portals
- Electronically submit invoices through client e-portals
- Create and manage proforma invoices per corporate guidelines and ensure 100% record keeping
- Review and generate invoices within defined SLA. Invoices processed with a minimum of 95% accuracy
- Keep and update accurate and detailed billing Manual for each supported region.
What you’ll need:
- High School Diploma required; Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in one of the following areas: Customer Service, Sales Support, Financial Data Entry, Billing, General Accounting, or Order Processing
- Good with Invoice Processing in AR/AP
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and propose innovative solutions.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; Attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective listening skills
- Strong initiative: Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; Strong team player
- Ability to build strong internal/external business partnerships
- Proficient in Oracle and a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system knowledge a plus
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels and all countries and cultures within the organization
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:67257
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.