When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Are you driven by results and achieving goals? Have a passion for problem solving?
You’ve come to the right place. We’re seeking a Business Development Manager to join our Become A Client (BAC) team.
- You’ll be part of a fast-paced, dynamic team focused entirely on strategically selling Gartner Research to prospects in both new and existing client organizations who are not seat-holders today.
- You’ll apply strategic thinking and relationship building to help get executives on board to solve the most pressing business challenges affecting Fortune 500 executives. You will understand their critical initiatives and help Gartner maintain its growth by ensuring strong business development of new clients.
BAC Business Development Managers are focused specifically to the Become a Client lead generation program from Gartner.com. Prospects call directly via the 1-800 number on the site, or fill out a form online requesting information. The goal is to immediately engage, cultivate, qualify and close business with these prospects who are not currently enabled seat-holders. The purpose is to identify key buying centers in these companies to sell Gartner Research and expand Gartner’s net new client base. Key responsibilities:
- Field inbound Calls and forms, if qualified – conduct thorough sales process from start to finish
- Ensure timely follow up and action items are addressed no later than 24 hrs following prospect conversations
- Partner with internal stakeholders to achieve faster deal velocity and high deal quality
- Maintain strong relationships with our services teams to ensure clients expectations are met in a timely manner
- Sustain an accurate pipeline and forecast to share with senior leadership
- Assist in creating campaigns, recommendations and business cases which will enhance our sales strategy and ensure we reach our new business and overall appointment goals.
- Coordinate and complete additional projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 1-2 years of proven sales success - experience in the information technology space is a plus.
- Telephone Sales and persuasiveness skills.
- Project management skills.
- Computer skills with working knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Problem analysis and collaboration should be a strength.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:67248
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.