About this role:
The Source-to-Contract (S2C) Supplier Diversity Program Manager leads Gartner’s global supplier diversity program. This role supports business leaders and S2C category managers in identifying existing diverse suppliers and bringing new diverse suppliers into Gartner’s supply chain. The associate will collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and deliver the supplier diversity program, policies, best practices and awareness education. The associate will develop goals, metrics and benchmarks to track and report tier-1 and tier-2 small and diverse supplier spend to accelerate continuous improvement and value chain realization. This role routinely influences and advises senior leaders on innovative strategies that create sustainable, long-term partnerships with diverse suppliers for the overall organization.
What you’ll do:
- Grow the Program: Take the early program foundation and build it into a world-class global supplier diversity program by developing process, policy and messaging that excites leaders and associates to proactively identify opportunities to use small and diverse tier-1 and tier-2 suppliers. Establish a strong program footprint in Australia, Canada, South Africa, UK and US and, over time, expand the program into other countries.
- Collaborate : Establish strong collaborative relationships with Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) councils, the Corporate Social Responsibility team, Legal, Corporate Communications, Business Unit (BU) stakeholders and S2C Category Managers to promote supplier diversity program initiatives and gain feedback on continuous improvement opportunities.
- Diversity Organizations: Join supplier diversity organizations such as WBENC, NMSDC, NVDBC, DisabilityIn and NGLCC to establish strategic partnerships with diverse supplier organizations, build connections and mentor new suppliers.
- Benchmark: Review Gartner research and other data sources to develop and refine program metrics and goals. Develop a 5-year program plan focused on growth, best practices and continuous improvement. Proactively seek benchmarking data.
- Complimentary Programs: Lead the South Africa Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) program and support the U.S. Government Small Business Program.
- Supplier Database: Review small and diverse supplier classifications in the supplier master file and procure-to-pay solution. Conduct semi-annual reviews to ensure classifications and corresponding certifications are correct based on information from suppliers and certifying organizations.
- Sourcing Analysis: Review category plans and sourcing opportunities with S2C Category Managers. Assist Category Managers in Identifying small/diverse suppliers to include in RFx initiatives.
- Opportunity Analysis: Analyze spend data to identify small and diverse supplier opportunities.
- Program Documents & Templates: Develop global supplier diversity program process and policy documents. Review and update supplier diversity program information in the Supplier Code of Conduct, RFx templates and contract templates. Review/update all documents annually.
- Surveys and Reports: Complete the supplier diversity portion of index and award surveys requested by external organizations. Support client information requests and provide quarterly updates to the Sales Playbook. Write an annual program update for the Corporate Social Responsibility report. Create the tier-2 supplier reporting process. Report program performance monthly to leadership and the S2C team.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Supply Chain or Engineering. MBA preferred
- 8-10 years of successful track record within procurement and supply chain management including 5-years of relevant work experience in building and leading supplier diversity programs.
- Active social media presence and brand reputation promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Exceptional time management with the ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency to tell the story of “what the data means”.
- Compelling collaboration skills that foster strong relationships with internal & external business partners and influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in finding solutions and negotiating strategies. Insatiable desire to learn more and improve every day.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and prioritize own workload
- Strong ability to work independently and make decisions within the scope of role without management approval
- Unquestionable ethics and the desire to always do the right thing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, G-suite and Sourcing/Procurement solutions for e-sourcing, spend analytics, contract lifecycle management (CLM), and Procure-to-Pay (P2P).
- Ability to work with and lead geographically dispersed cross-functional teams. Multilingual skills are a plus!
Who you are:
- Highly motivated self-starting performer, with a demonstrated ability to influence and lead others while also working independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Data-driven decision maker with strong executive presence and program management experience.
- Tenacious negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
- Strong communicator in both oral and written form, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to successfully prioritize and solve for complex problems, factoring instances of ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
Gartner’s workplace recognitions:
World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021
America’s Best Employers For Diversity 2020, 2021
Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index’s Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality awards for five consecutive years (2018-22).
A Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion 2021 by the Disability Equality Index
2021 Top 50 Employers List by Careers & the disABLED Magazine
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:67244
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.