About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to make an impact on new product development and management of products for Gartner’s High Technology Vendor clients as part of the Global Product Management team (GPM).
The Sr Director, Product Management will be a key driver for continued double digit growth and will be a leader of a critical component of this portfolio: “Startup CEO” Role focused products. This leadership position will lead role-specific product innovations and will require a real passion for understanding the customer role needs and a strong motivation to solve their problems.
In this role, this person will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify innovations, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, implement and launch, track progress and drive impact
What you will do:
- Own the Product Vision and Strategy: Develop the business case and build role-specific technology and data-driven innovations, and launch them working with sales enablement, marketing, and customer success
- Drive client impact: Track critical product and business metrics to continuously iterate and improve role-specific value proposition. Build, measure, learn, and iterate (Growth Mindset. Can-do mentality)
- Incubate pilot products and features: Identify and analyze key business metrics to uncover bright spots and obstacles to impact; then deliver needed enhancements
- Ruthlessly prioritize: Presented with meaningful imperatives and a mountain of data, identify and organize clear, concise actions
- Drive alignment and buy-in: Develop and present regular updates to top executives - including Gartner’s most senior executives
- Be a leader in a matrixed organization: Lead brainstorming & collaborative problem-solving sessions with your partners in Research, Service delivery, Sales
- Lead and build a high performing small team that works collaboratively and makes an impact for the organization
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of progressive career experience with a proven record of driving tech driven innovations
- Product management or product development leadership role experience; previous experience working in a startup or midsize technology provider will be highly beneficial.
- Strong commercial acumen with a bias for action, ability to balance tradeoffs, prioritize for business impact, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes
- An ability to understand your clients’ role-specific needs, challenges, workflows, decision making processes, etc. to innovate your products and amplify impact
- Strong quantitative and qualitative business analytics: including ability to turn quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations with measurable business impact
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization, both inside and outside of GPM, including sales, research, engineering, customer success, and customer research
- Ability to work in a culture that thrives on feedback and seeks opportunities to stretch outside your comfort zone; and at the same time coach/mentor team members to build a high performing team culture
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:67177
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.