About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team
About this role:
This role will focus on automating and streamlining IT application build, deployment and testing integration while improving our capabilities and service offerings with greater self-service abilities using public cloud platforms and open-source technologies.
What you’ll do :
- Lead/Support automation efforts across product application portfolio utilizing industry best practices, CI & CD, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and micro service-based cloud deployments.
- Provide technical leadership to advance our application platforms and automation pipelines.
- Provide status reports/insights to the manager and leadership on builds, deployments, performance and defined KPI’s.
- Lead integration of company security, performance, observability and resiliency frameworks into CI/CD automation.
- Support AppDev teams to ensure delivery of desired business outcomes
- Maintain Service Levels and department goals for Incident and Problem resolution.
- Write Terraform modules for infra and build deployment.
- Work on container technologies docker [ECS/Kubernetes].
- Work on Cloud Providers like AWS and Azure.
- Collaborate with Gartner teams to provide tactical and strategic directions for application infrastructure.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical fields.
- 7+ years of experience in IT application infrastructure and operations with significant experience in AWS, automation and DevOps.
- Expertise in Java, Spring Boot and Microservices.
- Exposure to Terraform and GitOps (Argo, Helm) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of the following technologies and concepts:
- Front-end web optimizations including caching, CDNs, compression, SPOFs
- Web and web application servers
- NoSQL (DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, etc.) and RDBMS Database systems (Postgres, MS SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of troubleshooting Full Stack of applications built on containers, lambdas, and VMs and knowledge on container orchestrators such as EKS and cloud providers such as AWS, Azure.
- Proven hands-on experience in deploying, configuring and maintaining web, java and open-source applications on Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu etc.) is required
- Experience with supporting environments running Apache, Tomcat, NGINX, Node.js and Java and other web based applications
- Experience with Jenkins and knowledge of Docker container and related orchestration technologies is highly desired
- Experience in any of the configuration management tools Puppet, Chef, salt or Ansible [Preferred Ansible].
- Knowledge of infra-automation and management tools like terraform, packer, vault and consul.
- Must have strong scripting experience (python, shell, groovy etc.)
- Experience utilizing tools such as DataDog, Dynatrace, Splunk, or similar is desired
- Ability to perform security and defect analysis and work with product vendors for solution
- Operational documentation skills for steady-state application support and Disaster Recovery testing
- Working knowledge of software version control concepts and change management processes
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:67168
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.