Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 16,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Gartner Australasia Pty Limited is currently seeking a lawyer qualified in Australia or New Zealand with 3 – 5 years' experience as Legal Counsel to support Gartner’s legal and compliance requirements in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ). The Legal Counsel will support the commercial contract processes, technology and data-driven initiatives as well as general legal matters in the region. The Legal Counsel will report directly to the Vice President, Legal Counsel, ANZ.
- Review and negotiation of Sales (such as Research and Events) contracts in ANZ as well as support of Sales in all forms of solicitations for Gartner, especially RFx.
- Interfacing with Gartner’s Sales, Legal and Finance organisations to ensure compliance with not only country-level legal requirements, but also internal policies and other legal requirements.
- Involvement in transformational projects to upgrade the legal department’s utilization of new systems to capture and analyze data for increased efficiencies.
- Drafting, preparing, communicating, and negotiating exceptions to proposed contract terms within corporate policies, where applicable, and assisting ancillary information requests related to contractual and business matters.
- Review and negotiate procurement contracts and event operation contracts for Gartner Events (such as Vendor and Venue).
- Manage Gartner’s contracts and contractual relationships within ANZ.
- Understand and communicate contractual requirements to internal stakeholders, with a strong focus on data capture of negotiated clauses.
- Provide support on compliance issues in ANZ (such as ethics and compliance, data protection/privacy and anti-harassment).
- Conduct “issue-specific” and “new hire” training for Sales/ Events/Client Financial Services, as applicable. As a member of the worldwide Legal and Compliance Team, help ensure effective communication to corporate legal, ensuring visibility into regional legal and risk matters.
- Manage implementation of new technology to enable the data driven legal department.
- Provide legal support for Real Estate matters in ANZ, including lease negotiations, renewals, terminations and expansions
- Assist with corporate secretarial activities to ensure corporate compliance of subsidiaries in ANZ
Who you are:
- Motivated legal practitioner with relevant experience gained in law firm and/or in-house in Australia, New Zealand or another Common Law country.
- Proven track record of commercial contract negotiation with excellent drafting skills.
- Experience in negotiating complex contracts with commercial and public sector clients in Australia and New Zealand.
- Necessary skill sets to support the internal legal needs of a global corporation with subsidiaries operating in ANZ.
- Embracer of technology to expedite processes and minimise low value work.
- Demonstrated ability to work with global teams in different time zones, including US and EMEA.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Fully qualified and licensed attorney in good standing in Australia
- Three to seven years of experience in a law firm environment and/or in-house counsel role
- Technology-savvy and able to work within different IT systems including CLM
- Experience in a multinational corporation beneficial.
- Proficient in dealing with broad range of contracting issues – sell-side and buy-side - including previous experience negotiating sales contracts with commercial and public sector clients
- Excellent drafting skills, oral communication and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as within a collaborative team environment
- Second language of Japanese or Chinese looked up favourably
- Strong demonstrated process management skills with the ability to meet firm deadlines
- Strong proven time management and prioritization skills
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results, and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- An opportunity to work with exceptional legal professionals in a truly global legal and compliance team
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
- Leading benefits, including company funded Health Cover and Life & Disability Insurance
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com .
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:67166
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.