About this role:
As an advisor, you will bring Gartner's research, best practices, and tools to life across a broad range of world class clients. It is the job of an advisor to increase client engagement and ensure each client is applying Gartner's resources to their work. An advisor will ask insightful questions to diagnose the causes of client challenges and recommend the best course of action. The advisor might also suggest a different approach or talk the client through a best practice from a different industry that could work within their business context. Senior Specialists achieve this by extracting advice and overarching guidance from Gartner research and highlighting the most relevant insights to address challenges faced by an individual client or entire client segment.
What you will do:
- Diagnose customer inquiries through effective scoping questions and active listening.
- Deliver Gartner insight to customers through advice-oriented, consumable written and verbal communications.
- Package insight (summary writing, project scoping) to respond quickly to assigned customer research requests and identify opportunities to serve clients beyond their original requests by connecting stated challenges with potential unstated needs.
- Analyze client requests to spot trends in demand to improve client responses and future research planning.
What you will need:
- 3-5 years of relevant business experience in Software Engineering/ IT
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to expand content knowledge as subject matter expert
- Business Acumen . Understand how an organization operates (risks and opportunities) and the drivers of a company's performance.
- Intellectual Agility . Analytical thinker with the ability to process and understand information quickly, diagnose the issue in order to take positions and make actionable intelligent recommendations.
- Collaboration. Can collaborate productively, build relationships, and move work forward with internal partners and clients.
- Communication. Can engage in clear, effective dialogue on complex concepts, and communicate them with poise.
- Leadership and Influence. Persuades, encourages, or gains the support of others and causes them to take action.
- Accepts personal accountability, takes ownership and perseveres. Embraces feedback with a mindset of continuous improvement of self and clients
- Ownership & Impact. Accepts personal accountability, takes ownership and perseveres. Embrace feedback.
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience.
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:67131
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.