About this role:
When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas, and intellectual courage. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only use your knowledge and experience to help clients solve complex issues and deliver on key initiatives, you will also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries.
Gartner is seeking a Director Analyst for Supply Chain (Direct Materials) Sourcing & Procurement Technology to drive new thought-leading research around the tools, solutions and technologies that can solve our client’s business challenges. This research will be targeted to Sourcing/Procurement Leaders, Supply Chain Technology Leaders, and Chief Supply Chain Officers within End User organizations and, in addition, practice/product leaders within large services and software providers.
What you’ll do:
- Advising our business and technology clients on market landscape, vendor selection, and implementation to solve mission critical priorities. This will include reviewing software proposals.
- Advising on best practices for using technology effectively.
- Researching, writing, and advising on the changing vendor landscape for Supply Chain Sourcing & Procurement solutions, new technology developments and defining emerging supply chain procurement ecosystems, architecture, and business models.
- Advising our business and technology clients on selection of Consultants and Service Integrators.
- Contributing to Gartner research and ideation on the evolution of current and emerging Supply Chain Sourcing & Procurement solutions and related technologies; including creation/participation in Magic Quadrants, Hype Cycles and Toolkits.
- Delivering presentations, both virtually and in person, to large audiences
- Leading strategic advisory days with software provider clients
- Conducting press interviews
- Supporting Sales in the sales cycle.
- Providing advice to Investment clients
What You’ll Need:
The candidate must have significant experience in developing, managing, implementing, or using supply chain sourcing and/or procurement technologies and a robust understanding of key sourcing and procurement processes, including Supplier Management (Information, Risk, Performance, Product Innovation) and Procure-to-Pay.
This could be through working in a large end-user organization (perhaps in a Centre of Excellence for Procurement Technology), within a consultancy, or from within a Vendor focused on this space.
Typically, Enterprise Architects, Solutions/Technical Architects, Sourcing/procurement technology Leaders, Consultants, Vendor implementation specialists (with a lot of Sourcing/Procurement technology experience), Business Analysts would likely possess the skills we are looking for.
This should include skills and experience as follows:
- 12+ years’ experience in increasingly senior roles, working in the supply chain or with supply chain leaders, with a strong emphasis on direct procurement technologies.
- Experience of Supply Chain Sourcing/Procurement and the use of technology to support Supply Chain Sourcing/Procurement.
- An appropriate bachelor’s degree, we would prefer the addition of a master’s level qualification as well. Full membership of a professional body would also be a plus.
- In-depth experience of at least two-three of the following processes and the technologies that support them:
- Direct Materials Procure to Pay (P2P)
- Direct Sourcing
- Contract Manufacturing
- Supplier Management
- Supplier Risk
- Communication skills, as evidenced by prior experience presenting to or advising senior executives, investors, boards, or industry peers.
- Strong work ethic, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A genuine excitement about the possibilities of technology to solve sourcing and procurement business challenges, matched with a healthy dose of skepticism.
- Excellent writing and data visualization skills.
- Skill in complex problem solving. You absolutely must have an agile mind and be able to think quickly on your feet.
- Proven ability to engage and advise senior business and technology executives.
- Ability to work effectively leading or contributing to cross-team projects.
- “Out of the box” big picture thinker who is adept at connecting the dots between different technologies, trends, and business models.
- Ability to “deep dive” into emerging technologies and trends and then communicate implications and recommendations at an executive and strategic level.
- Confident on stage presenting
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:66868
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.