About this role:
Provides legal support for Gartner’s Employment Counsel team covering North and South America.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with a wide range of employment-related legal matters, including employee relations, hiring, temporary and contingent workers, and compliance
- Stay up to date on legislative initiatives impacting employers in the jurisdictions where Gartner does business and prepare digests to track, highlight, and succinctly explain key changes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on COVID-19 related compliance matters
- Collaborate with Human Resources and other stakeholders on how to respond to common associate inquiries and help build a library of resources to address questions
- Assist in preparing training programs for HR professionals and business leaders
- Assist with legal investigations, including attending investigatory meetings, reviewing documents, preparing chronologies, and related items
- Litigation management, oversight, and reporting
- Set up, manage, and maintain oversight of matters in the company’s case management system
- Assist with data privacy access requests and other compliance-related matters
- Provide general legal and administrative support for the Employment Counsel team
What you’ll need:
- College degree or paralegal certification
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience for a major multinational corporation or law firm doing employment and/or litigation-related work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Experience with electronic case management systems and other data management tools
- Ability to work independently and seize initiatives in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication, time management, and organization skills
- Attention to detail
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:66744
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.