About the role:
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be a business partner in this exciting, world-class organization and support Gartner's continued growth and success. This position will perform a key role in providing financial business analysis, decision support, and thought leadership. This includes developing financial forecasts and analyses, generating internal management reports, monitoring key performance indicators, and driving the scaling and automation of financial processes. We are looking for ambitious individuals with outstanding, proven analytical capabilities and intellectual curiosity who enjoy partnering with business leaders to grasp large complex financial data and develop clear business solutions. You are a well-rounded problem solver with the ability to drive results in a high-energy growth environment.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and analysis of key variances in monthly and quarterly KPIs
- Automate reporting into Power BI along with dashboard building for monthly reporting
- Identify ways to streamline internal financial processes and reduce the time burden for internal employees
- Develop actionable data science tasks and translate quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies
- Understand technical issues in statistical modelling and apply these skills toward solving business problems
- Build statistical models to predict forward looking operational metrics
- Independently identify issues in methods and frameworks and suggest solutions
- Communicate and present actionable business insights to team members through charts, tables and other data visualization
- Help in defining/improving and implementing a robust data operation process
- Work on several initiatives that have unstructured data, derive key insights that are top priorities and automate the process by partnering with multiple teams like, BU leaders, product leaders, sales leaders, marketing leaders etc.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, statistics, mathematics or economics with 3-5 years of relevant industry experience, 0-2 years of experience with a Master Degree.
- Experience in a quantitative field performing analytics and data visualization (Power BI preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Power BI – Dax, power query, power pivot, advanced data modelling, query folding etc
- Expertise in at least one of the following statistical analysis programs: R, Python. Good knowledge of a querying language (e.g., SQL)
- Experience working on solving problems that involve utilizing Machine Learning techniques and NLP is good to have
- Strong knowledge of advanced functions of Microsoft Excel (lookups, pivot tables, graphics, statistics…)
- Working knowledge of Hyperion Enterprise/Planning or other OLAP tools is a plus (e.g. Oracle/Essbase, TM1/Cognos)
- Effective communication, presentation and influencing skills in a matrixed organization
- Highly organized and able to handle simultaneous projects, gathering and processing data from multiple sources
- Ability to extrapolate linkages between large amounts of financial and operational data, generate insights and distill complex concepts into actionable information
- Able to work independently and within a team structure to consistently deliver flawless work solutions within aggressive (and changing) time constraints
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:66649
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.