Director, Analyst - HR & Talent Management Technologies
Remote - North America
About Gartner Analysts:
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Director serves as a leader within Gartner’s Research and Advisory sector, establishing oneself as a credible voice within their designated market at local, regional and global levels. Utilizing exceptional research and analytical skills, a Director plays a significant role in producing pragmatic and provocative research which Gartner clients consume and apply to propel their business toward key objectives. They are a trusted source of advice for clients, reinforcing Gartner’s value every day by engaging them via in-person meetings, virtual meetings, sales support visits and Gartner conferences to discuss complex client challenges and offer appropriate recommendations.
About the Role:
Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for a Director, Analyst to join our global HR Technology Research team.
You will help Heads of HR Technology (HRIT), Talent Management Technology, Learning and Development Technology and other senior HR Technology leaders to identify, select and boost the effectiveness of Talent Management and HR Technologies.
We value curiosity, bold ideas and intellectual courage. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
What you will do:
Research Directors work with C-level executives to produce research that solves complex business challenges on a global scale. This includes directing the scope of the research, collecting and analyzing data, identifying and executing on product deliverables (e.g. best-practice case studies, issue analysis papers, benchmarking results, and event presentations), and building new content ideas. You will need a flexible approach to work to respond to executive needs as they are uncovered and evolve. Research Directors also partner with commercial and other team members to drive to positive client and business outcomes.
- Create innovative, thought provoking, and highly leveraged “must-have research” content, to provide clients with actionable approaches to navigate their challenges with Talent Management technologies or related topics.
- Deliver compelling interactions with clients to provide them with actionable advice via virtual or face-to-face interactions.
- Develop and deliver impactful presentations for Gartner events, conferences, and client briefings, on Talent Management technologies or related topics.
- Provide support to sales teams, to drive engagement with clients.
- Build credibility as an industry expert to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategy.
- Actively participate in innovation, ideation, and research discussions and collaborate effectively with peers in the research community.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of relevant field or industry experience
- Demonstrable executive presence to establish credibility with executives and similar stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills, to allow you to produce high quality deliverables under tight deadlines
- Demonstrable excellence in research and writing ability
- Strong written and verbal proficiency, analytical and presentation skills
- Proficiency in analyzing and synthesizing data; can effectively apply patterns and frameworks while drawing and defending conclusions to client challenges
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts concisely and simply
- Comfort with presenting at large and small-scale speaking engagements
- Ability to work independently, while also being intrinsically motivated to collaborate across teams and support the workflow of others, in a multicultural global team
- Subject matter expertise, market knowledge and experience working with a variety of Talent Management technologies, including but not limited to platforms, solutions or application to support Learning or Skills Development, Performance Management, Rewards and Recognition, Succession Management or other core HR functions.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Careers & the disABLED Magazine Top 50 Employers 2021
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:66628
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.