What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else.
Gartner’s TalentNeuron is the world’s leading source of global talent demand and supply data, predictive analytics and insights into real-time job market, location, and competitive intelligence to help clients make smarter talent planning and recruiting decisions.
Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About the Role: TalentNeuron, a part of Gartner’s HR Research & Advisory practice, is searching for a talented Data Science leader.
This person will serve as one of our key anchors for existing and incoming talent. The role requires technical competence, mentoring and extensive collaboration with the global Product Management and Information Technology teams in a fast- paced, agile development environment. This is an excellent player- coach opportunity to lead and strengthen a growing team while working closely with colleagues spread across TalentNeuron offices in the US, UK, Canada and multiple locations in India.
What you will do:
- Lead a team of highly skilled data scientists who are working on diverse and complex data analytics challenges.
- Lead all aspects of data science and data engineering ensuring the delivery of quantitative methodology proposals that use inferential Statistical/Econometric models to validate research hypothesis and create actionable insights for Gartner clients.
- Think with a platform mindset to build reusable data sources, analytical approaches and globally- applicable models.
- Be a champion for quality in all that we do; promote best- in- class quantitative methods and process documentation.
- Guide the training and development of your own direct reports as well as other junior Data Scientists across the TalentNeuron business.
- Inject the latest and most applicable technology, including Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, into TalentNeuron solutions.
- Lead the recruiting and technical evaluation of future data research hires in the Bangalore office.
- Partner with Information Technology team to drive scalability and consistency in our data collection and transformation.
- Partner with Product Management and Customer Success teams to ensure data work is aligned with product plans and customer requirements.
- Work side- by- side with the team on structuring and executing daily work to meet regular commitments.
What you will need:
- BS or MS/ PhD degree (preferred) in a quantitatively- oriented field such as Math, Operations Research, Physical Science, Computer Science, Economics or Engineering. MBAs who meet other requirements also encouraged to apply.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in applied analytics, preferably in multiple different business contexts and/ or multiple roles.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with semi- structured or unstructured text data.
- Experience working with text data in multiple languages preferred but not required.
- Ability to simplify complex projects by applying structured frameworks.
- Familiarity with a wide range of analytical techniques that span traditional statistics, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, with the ability to steer and influence the work of others.
- Ability to personally work in R or Python to conduct proof of concepts and review team members work.
- Desire and ability to develop and coach junior data scientists. Superior verbal and written communication skills.
Who you are:
- A great structured thinker that can bring structure to any data science problem quickly.
- A creative problem solver able to design and deliver solutions that meet stakeholder needs while powering through many constraints and dependencies.
- A person with a high tolerance for managing in ambiguous situations.
- A player- coach that is aware of the larger data science landscape of tools and able to use many of them.
- An excellent communicator able to tailor communications to both a less technical or more technical audience so that both understand.
- A leader who leans in and partners across multiple stakeholders to build alliances and deliver valuable and usable data product.
- Someone who remains positive and optimistic when confronted with difficult challenges.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including: A collaborative, positive culture. You ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast- paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization. An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no- limits mind- set are central to our values. Exposure to industry leading training and development. Performance- based recognition and rewards.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:66620
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.