Gartner is searching for an US-based Senior Principal Research Analyst to join our Quantitative Innovation Practice within the High Tech and Service Provider research group. This opportunity provides an exposure to a range of leadership-level strategic and management topics. We are looking for a candidate with an agile mind and outstanding forecasting, modelling, writing and client skills. The successful candidate will join a global team of analysts who assess the technology trends and business opportunities related to storage solutions including hardware, software, and services. Insight and advice to support our technology and service provider clients will be developed through published forecasts, written research, and client interactions.
As a Senior Principal Analyst, you will conduct research and analysis on the storage and related cloud and data center markets to provide guidance to Gartner clients that provide and manage infrastructure solutions. A broad understanding of the industry and its players is required, so you can further enhance Gartner research on the future of storage, both from a technology and business model perspectives, guided by client interest and Gartner priorities.
The mission of the Quantitative Innovation Practice is to provide clients with:
- Foundational and innovative quantitative insight and advice on technology market dynamics, the competitive environment, customer buying preferences and behaviors.
- Fact-based insight along the entire product lifecycle and associated tasks, including best practices, role performance measurement via maturity models and benchmarks based on relative key performance indicators.
What you will do:
- You will work on storage research and market sizing/forecasting model development that leverages forecast assumptions based on:
- Storage provider strategies
- Financial & market dynamics across industries and geographies
- You must demonstrate a firm grasp of commercial realities, as you will be assessing the market opportunity, presenting powerful competitive analysis and customer opportunity assessments.
- You will write insightful and actionable advice to clients in a variety of roles within technology and service providers, including CEOs, general managers, product and marketing leaders.
- You will have regular contact with the Gartner clients, advising technology and service providers and end users on our forecast models and trends.
- Based on your client interactions you will contribute to forming Gartner’s datacenter and cloud research agenda and to generating new business opportunities for us.
What you will need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, providers, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Candidates should be/have:
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables
- Highly numerate with excellent critical thinking skills. Must be able to quickly grasp and articulate the fundamentals of a market and what drives supply and demand side behavior.
- 8-10 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience of market sizing and forecasting.
- Passion for predictive thinking, complex forecast analysis and discussions
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and ‘get-it-done’ attitude.
- Ability to work independently, while also being intrinsically motivated to collaborate across teams and support the workflow of others, in a multicultural global team
- Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced professional qualification(s) in related field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Master's Degree in related discipline (or MBA) an advantage
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:66405
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.