About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
The Technical Support Specialist provides direct end-user support to Gartner’s entire CRM community, across multiple technologies, and multiple business units. It reports in to IT Sales, Service and Corporate Delivery, who oversees our CRM platforms, as well as a variety of tools and integrations. Key end user communities include Sales, Research, Finance, and Service Delivery. The candidate will work directly with these end users, to make sure that they have the right access, knowledge, and data for their job responsibilities. The candidate will also work directly with IT colleagues, to resolve underlying issues, and collaborate on software design changes.
What you’ll do:
- Provide support to CRM users worldwide while working closely with Engineering teams to maintain the operational integrity of production systems
- Configuration and administration of CRM (mainly Salesforce) and integrated applications
- Maintenance and customization users, roles, profiles, groups, accounts, contacts, record types, sharing rules, custom objects, pick lists and page layout customization to support vital business functions
- Perform final Data Mapping and execution of Data import of any approved business requests into CRM
- Create documentation of any business rules/transformations/issues and resolutions
- Perform monitoring of data and system rules to ensure data integrity
- Build and maintain SQL scripts in Microsoft SQL Server / Oracle DB
- Resolve end user problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved problems
- Identify ticket trends and work towards reducing recurrences
- Identify opportunities to simplify, optimize, and automate business processes
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2-3 years of Salesforce administration, System Support, and/or System Administration
- Strong broad-based understanding of one or more CRM (mainly Salesforce) applications and its modules.
- Proven ability to manage users, data, and security
- Proven troubleshooting skills including the ability to analyze and resolve difficult problems quickly with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of data management tools such as Data Loader
- Familiarity with standard business, sales, and finance processes
- Detail-oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Salesforce Admin certification is a plus
- Should be able to map the business requirement to sales cloud/service cloud features and functionality.
- Very good understanding of cases, quotes, products, opportunities, orders, accounts and contacts in SFDC.
- Should be able to engage cross-functional teams to resolve the issues related to Service/Sales Cloud in Salesforce
- Hands-on experience in reports/dashboards.
- Solid understanding of users, profiles, roles, access and Salesforce security model
- Display in-depth knowledge to support multiple Salesforce products with little to no assistance
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills with a team-player attitude
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction
- Comfortable with 24/5 shifts #LI-SG2
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:65888
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.