About this role:
Directs a multi-disciplinary development team to develop and implement significant improvements to core systems and business processes in support of the company’s/divisions profit, growth, and customer satisfaction goals.
What you’ll do:
- Manages a team of ML engineers and data engineers and full-stack developers, including hiring, performance management and career development.
- Sets the direction for a scientific, data driven approach for decision making in application development.
- Manages a formal software development lifecycle process that provides consistent and repeatable delivery of software enhancements and new-to-world capabilities
- Manages an Agile (Scrum) Development process in a continuous integration and deployment methodology.
- Partners with all Product Leaders to develop new product features and upgrade existing products and processes; helps define product and project deliverables, budgets, schedules, and testing, launch and release plans.
- Use a mix of Open Source and Commercial software in line with industry standards
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in algorithms, machine learning, and natural language processing to build complex data driven software applications
- Broad knowledge of Python open-source software stack such as SQLAlchemy, Django or Flask, DjangoREST or FastAPI, etc.
- Hands on knowledge of numerical computing libraries in Python like Numpy, Scipy and Pandas.
- Thorough knowledge of at least one of the Deep Learning frameworks like PyTorch or Tensorflow and the ability to leverage open domain pretrained models for NLP applications.
- Familiar knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, especially Postgres.
- Hands on experience with Text Mining and Text Search applications and frameworks like Elasticsearch or Solr or Lucene.
- Experience with Conversational AI chatbot is required
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Design of Experiments such as Factorial Design.
- Ability to cut through noise and identify the right variables and quantities for measurement of application success criteria
- Knowledge of integration and web services technologies is required
- Experience in building & managing applications on AWS
- People management experience is required
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus
- A proven track record of experience in leading the design and deployment of large-scale solutions.
- Experience in all phases of a systems development lifecycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with other teams
Who you are:
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audience’s
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new technologies/ideas and master concepts rapidly especially Python & Solr/Elastic Search
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and keeping up with new trends
- Delivering project work on-time within budget with high quality
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:65881
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.