About the role:
Gartner’s Secondary Research Service (SRS) team works closely with research practices to understand their overall research needs and help them with complex and strategic research projects. As a ‘Market Research Specialist’ you will generate insights using both systematic and intuitive secondary research techniques to help larger analysts’ community. You will closely work with analysts to scope the project, device search strategy, analyze data, summarize, and help visualize and build data story. The job requires an open mind individual with a proactive approach, interest in learning about the latest technology trends and the ability to interpret information & apply this to solve research problem.
What you will do:
- Conduct research on Technology & Non Technology functions using both systematic and intuitive secondary research techniques.
- Compare/benchmark different topics (cloud, IT services, Devices, Non Tech Functions etc.) by understanding online help, user guides, manuals, white papers, design/product specifications, project plan, etc.
- Analyze the research findings and draw inferences and conclusions to the research query
- Create, assimilate and convey technical material in a concise and effective manner
- Deliver projects on time and maintain high quality standards of the deliverables
- Actively participate in formal and in-formal knowledge sharing sessions, including Research Communities
What you will need:
- Management graduates preferably with 0-1.5 years of experience. Candidates with technical background or experience in IT industry.
- Good Excel Skills
- Eagerness to learn: Showing awareness of the major issues across the IT industry and eagerness to learn more
- Strong communication skills- verbal & written. Should structure all communication with meaning and flow with good command on English language
- Problem solving skills: Strong analytical skills and the ability to think independently
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, and more!
- Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:65869
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.