About the Global Sales Strategy & Operations team:
The GSSO team is at the nexus of Gartner’s mission-critical priorities of rapidly growing the sales force and increasing sales productivity. We partner with corporate and senior sales leaders across the globe to ensure the best return on the company’s substantial annual investment in incremental sales professionals. Using data analytics, we design sales territories to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of our sales force to achieve Gartner’s goal of sustained double-digit growth.
About the role
We are searching for top talent that will help solve some of the most challenging problems by applying data science methodologies to large volumes of data and deriving insights from them. You will be working to build algorithms to solve some of our territory growth and optimization initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity to be on a high-impact team, where you can truly develop your skill set and knowledge and bring impact to the business.
What you will do
- Apply predictive modeling and business analytics to develop forward looking projections of a client’s propensity to spend and grow
- Conceptually map cause and effect relationships to statistical models to develop a robust understanding of business drivers
- Present analyses to senior management including Gartner’s Operating Committee and CEO.
- Use a combination of quantitative (science) and qualitative (art) methodologies to prioritize ideas
- Work with engineering and product teams to launch MVPs so we can learn and iterate quickly
- Integrate algorithms within IT systems with support of Territory Product Directors to help automate current processes
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-6 years hands-on experience building predictive models, recommendation systems, or other machine learning/artificial intelligence applications to drive business impact
- Master’s Degree or PhD in a quantitative field (math, statistics, computer science, engineering, etc.) required.
- Practical, intuitive problem solver with a demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into actionable data science tasks and translate quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies
- Working experience in some of the following data science domains:
- Machine Learning and Predictive modeling
- Text mining and Natural Language Processing
- Recommendation systems
- Statistical modeling
- Data analytics with multi-dimensional data
- Financial Forecasting
- Strong working knowledge of Lean product principles, software development lifecycle, and machine learning life cycle
- Experience and proficiency with various programming languages (e.g., Python), machine learning tools (e.g., scikit-learn, spacy, nltk), deep learning (e.g., pytorch, tensorflow), statistical packages (e.g., Scipy), SQL/relational databases (e.g., Oracle) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, graph database), distributed machine learning (spark), Linux and shell scripting, Visualization tools (Plotly, Seaborn, Matplotlib, Tableau, PowerBI)
Who you are
- A team player. You get along well with your colleagues and are always ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge
- Passionate about learning. You thrive on complex technical challenges and are always eager to learn the latest technologies.
- Organized and detailed-oriented . You think ahead of time about how best to implement new features, and your code is clean, well-organized and properly documented
- Innovative. You are always proactively looking for opportunities to problem solve using innovative methods that impact the business
- Iterative. You operate with a minimal viable product (MVP) mindset, you are able to adapt and iterate as underlying data and requirements change
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:65505
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.