About this Role and Team:
Talent Neuron is the world’s leading source of global talent demand and supply data, predictive analytics and insights into real-time job market, location, and competitive intelligence to help clients make smarter talent planning and recruiting decisions. The Talent Neuron Data Harvesting team is feeding all Talent Neuron products that provides strategic insights to our clients to support strategic decisions.
We’re actively looking to add exceptional people to our team who align with how we envision ourselves culturally and professionally. This is a role where your programming skills will be highly utilized and where you will be able to showcase your ability to resolve complex problems by coaching/mentoring team members.
What you’ll do:
- Creating alerting capabilities / monitoring the health of our systems or events management.
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack: hardware, software, applications and network in Linux and Windows environments
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve the platform
- Build tools automate processes to eliminate manual operations and craft repeatable processes, thereby maintaining a highly available scalable platform
- Work to integrate, automate and support the organization’s AWS configuration management system
- Develop and modify code in support of the company's projects
- Software benchmarking.
- Participate in the engineering process as we design, build, and manage our systems
- Peer technical review including design, code review and testing.
- Understand, suggest and choose from, possible technical solutions/tools to satisfy business needs-choices that reflect a solution that balances design, use, and support. Use the best practices/techniques for keeping the design/solution under control without excessive work or rework.
- Coach team members and be a mentor to them.
What you’ll need:
- Experience of 5+ yrs in programming
- Ability to train and mentor a team of software engineers
- Deep understanding of Core Java and web framework Spring/Spring Boot
- Proficient in Java and one of the following programming languages: Python, React
- Experience with build & deploy tools (i.-e.: Git, BitBucket, Mercurial, SVN, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in unit test formation and strategies
- Hands on experience in database development with MySQL or PostGre or other RDBMS.
- Having good understanding of HTML, CSS, DOM, XPath.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field required; Master’s degree is a plus
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer
- Able to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:65046
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.