Background and Mission
If you are looking for a rewarding career, collaborative team and unlimited opportunities to grow, then you’ve come to the right place.
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions, and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations.
Gartner Analysts support technology and business leaders across the globe and contribute to our clients’ business growth and success. Analysts use their knowledge to help clients make better decisions, solve complex issues, and execute new practices that propel clients’ businesses toward key objectives. A Director publishes these insights as pragmatic and/or provocative research.
Analysts reinforce Gartner’s value every day through creating research notes, engaging clients via virtual meetings, Gartner conferences and industry events.
About the Role
A Director Analyst in the Infrastructure and Security team divides his or her time among the following responsibilities: conducting phone-based discussions with clients, developing research (written text and presentations), as well as sales and client support activities. Analysts may emphasize certain activities over others, but a good Analyst demonstrates competencies in each of these areas: client engagement, writing, analysis, and public speaking. Strong communication skills in both English and Japanese are essential.
A Director Analyst in the Security and Risk Management team will apply broad knowledge of security trends, technologies, vendors, and security service delivery options. This analyst will provide advice to clients on best practices for the security and risk agenda which are based on traditional subjects, such as end-point security and expanding to cybersecurity. The analyst should also have an interest in distilling trends around emerging technologies and management practices for digital business. They will provide guidance to clients on evaluating and selecting appropriate commercial and technology options. Additionally, there will be a focus on non-technology aspects of security such as risk management, emerging skills and organizational challenges.
In this role, you will:
- Research and gather data in support of analysis and position development in areas related to security strategies, security and risk related technologies and IT vendors.
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, contacting industry leaders, vendors and analysts, and by evaluating and analyzing information.
- Participate in research meetings, conduct interviews and surveys, as well as review statistical analysis.
- Create and deliver specified written research in Japanese and English in fulfilment of Gartner’s commitment to clients.
- Respond to client inquires as required, providing individualized advice to end-user or vendor clients.
- Define, lead and conduct client video teleconferences.
- Present at live and virtual conferences as an industry expert.
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone, WebEx and through face-to-face sales.
- Take press calls relevant to research expertise areas to promote the Gartner brand.
- Bachelor's degree required; Masters or PhD preferred
- 8 plus years work experience in a relevant organization, such as an IT vendor or system integrator as a security and risk consultant, project manager or system engineer for design and implementation of security and risk solutions
- A knowledge of the vendor landscape and relevant product portfolios in one of these areas is preferred’
- Endpoint Security
- Data Security (including data protection / privacy)
- Security Management (including compliance with technical security rules in Japan)
- Cloud Security (including infrastructure security and workload protection)
- Network Security (including zero trust network access)
- Significant applicable knowledge of IT Infrastructure and Security related areas as they relate to large organizations
- Solid understanding of the role of security tools and role in traditional infrastructure environments as well as in evolving cloud, open source and non-traditional security environments
- Native-level Japanese and fluent English are necessary, including the ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions in both languages
- Basic understanding of market research, data collection and analysis
- Demonstrate superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions
- Analytical and presentation skills; comfortable presenting at large and small-scale speaking engagements
- Strong communication skills including the ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply
- Ability to work independently, while also being intrinsically motivated to collaborate across teams and support the workflow of others, in a multicultural global team
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:65007
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.