About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
The SR Manager Quality Assurance will focus on the management of and participation in development and execution of manual and automated scripts across Gartner’s enterprise transformation programs including CRM and Finance applications
What you will do:
- Manage team and participate in the writing of effective manual or automated test scripts using approved testing tools, scripting tools and development tools (Selenium, Perfecto, Java), based on documented requirements and technical specifications provided by project team.
- Lead End-to-End test strategy and execution across CRM and Finance transformation initiatives.
- Prepare metrics to report test status and key quality and defect metrics.
- Triage and analyze defects to identify gaps in test coverage and improvements in the team’s processes
- Clearly communicate QA results, concerns, project status and potential risks to project schedule to management and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Work with the development teams to ensure that User Stories are testable.
- Make well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous software test issues and determine when software is ready for release from a testing perspective.
- Prepare functional matrix for test areas assigned and perform a walkthrough with the appropriate project team members to ensure accurate and complete coverage of designated areas.
- Guide team towards a culture of built-in quality and continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance, leadership, and training to QA members into the Agile SCRUM development teams and ensure consistency of our built-in quality efforts across all SCRUM teams.
- Manage hiring, retention, and performance management for QA team.
What you will need:
- B. S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related disciplines
- 8+ years’ experience in managing projects that are highly complex
- Manual and Automation knowledge is must
- Proficient in the use of automated tools used to support testing (e.g., test management, automated testing, defect tracking, etc.)
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven ‘quick learner’ able to solve complex testing problems in a short time experience
- Strong sense of ownership of open project issues with regard to quality and the requisite tenacity to see issues through to closure
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:64890
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.