We’re looking for a Finance expert with significant Finance Government expertise, who is well versed in helping Government CFOs reduce redundancies and inefficiencies in core finance operations.
The Gartner Finance Practice is synonymous with frame-breaking research in the finance domain on initiatives including, but not limited to growth investment & cost structure, finance process excellence, finance technology optimization, and budgeting, planning & forecasting, and financial data & analytics. The team works with more than 1000+ client organizations, spanning every major industry vertical, across the world. Our research helps CFOs and their direct leadership teams address their unique challenges by relying on original primary research, benchmarks, insights and analysis delivered through an advisory model.
If you’ve spent a good part of your career in the office of the CFO at US-based federal, state and/or local government agency and/or advising government CFOs and want to share your expertise with senior executives grappling with tough decisions and challenges and advise clients across industries outside the traditional consulting engagement model, then this is the role for you.
· Serve as an authority on finance processes in government agencies
· Research and represent thought leadership and advise government Finance leaders on best practices in:
o Core finance operations, covering aspects including:
§ Improving finance operations and risk-based compliance initiatives.
§ Reduce inefficiencies in core finance activities such as budgeting, cash flow projections
§ Managing internal control issues
o Transitioning away from government centric technology platforms, covering aspects including applying standard platforms to
§ Grant administration
§ Funds committed reporting
· Provide direction to senior finance leaders.
· Develop and extend advice and frameworks through written research.
· Create materials for and deliver both face-to-face and video-based presentations and discussions with clients.
· Help rapidly expand the expertise domain for a high-growth practice area.
· Ensure integrity of our research and maintain Gartner independence.
· Bachelor's degree in related field
· 10+ years of experience in government finance roles
· 10+ years of experience overseeing and working on finance process improvement initiatives
· Broad-based finance, technology, and process improvement experience. The ideal candidate will have served in a variety of government finance and/or government finance consulting roles.
· Knowledge and experience working with innovative technologies is preferred.
· Stellar writing and presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to work in a self-motivated manner but within a collaborative team environment.
· Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply to senior executives.
· Strong willingness to challenge conventional norms and views, persistence and intellectual curiosity to evaluate leading approaches.
· Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level.
· Masters or PhD
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:64880
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.