Professional Development Manager
Who we are
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner Research, advising Gartner’s clients on how to translate insights into transformational actions that meet their mission-critical strategic priorities. Gartner Consulting is growing at a rapid rate with massive potential to continue expanding into this base.
What we do
The East Professional Development Manager will be responsible for leading Professional Development and Staffing for the Consultants, Senior Consultants and Associate Directors in the East Region in partnership with the Regional Leader and as a member of the East Regional Leadership Team. Additionally, the Manager will work in partnership with the wider North America and Global PD function, as well as North America HR on Gartner Consulting strategic people priorities.
East Professional Development:
- Develop one-on-one relationships with Consultants, Senior Consultants and Associate Directors to provide guidance and mentoring on career management. Regularly meet with each to discuss their staffing, career development, goals, objectives, and interests. Makes trade-offs between client needs, office utilization and individual needs.
- Monitor associate’s development and provide counsel on appropriate engagements, skill development, career, and progression.
- Partner with HR to manage associate evaluation processes, feedback and promotions.
- Support associates in understanding role profiles and competencies and discuss career path choices as appropriate
- In conjunction with the North American PD Team, work with Managing Partners and project leads to understand staffing requirements and oversee the staffing of teams to projects based on an understanding of client, region and individual needs.
- Embed a staffing culture in the region – including coaching teams on engagement design, adherence to the staffing cycle cadence and the apprenticeship mindset in staffing.
- Leverage staffing to ensure junior associates gain exposure of a variety of engagements (across different industries and practices) and diverse learning experiences.
East Community and Associate Engagement:
- In partnership with other functions and the business, support associate onboarding, East talent strategy, and counsellor/counselee pairings.
- Develop and present at East Town Halls, First Fridays, local training and other events, e.g. focus groups, as required.
- Partner with HR and Leadership on advancing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Impact of Role: Expected Results
- Associate retention and satisfaction
- Business metrics
- Client Satisfaction
- Client Retention
- Cultivate relationships at all level across Consulting, Human Resources, Recruiting, Legal, Talent Management, member of Consulting Sub-Region Leadership Team
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
- MBA Preferred
- A range of 4-8 years professional experience is required, 2 years progressive experience in management required, preferably in a Talent or Consulting role.
- Extensive experience in presenting and communicating ideas to others
- Proven experience in managing and developing staff from different organizations and with diversified levels, skills and backgrounds.
- Experience in Talent Acquisition and/or Staffing.
- Strong customer service, meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills necessary.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and quantitative skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information appropriately; ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint is required
- Must be able to work in dynamic environment with challenging deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent organizational, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Outstanding project management skills (projects involving internal and external stakeholders) with an ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:63378
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.