Who we are
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
What we do
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do
The Deal Desk Associate will manage consulting projects from opportunity through project close in partnership with Managing Partners and Industry Leads. You will partner with the development of client proposals and contracts, management of project milestones, and ensure accurate revenue recognition.
- Review and revise Consulting proposals / SoWs to ensure compliance with applicable Consulting, OMB, Finance, and Legal guidelines.
- Resolve issues and proactively provide advice and alternatives for legal, pricing, and financial terms
- Ensure Consulting project documentation is accurate, complete and adheres to all legal and financial compliance requirements
- Seek opportunities to create and drive efficiencies through use of new technologies in managing consulting projects
- Drive efficiencies by minimizing functional handoffs, ensure requests are completed on schedule, and complete internal distribution of final approvals
- Proactively monitor projects, ensuring milestones are accurately tracked and invoiced and that engagements are closed, ensuring accurate revenue recognition
- Complete complex reconciliations ensuring accurate client invoicing and revenue recognition
- Ensure projects are invoiced on time and proactively identify and address potential collection issues with Partners and directly with clients
- Maintain a clearly documented audit trail of all approvals and Deal Desk reviewed client proposals and SoWs
- Identify high risk/problematic requests and unknown technical solutions and utilize Global Risk and Operations Managers as a point of escalation
Who you are
- Bachelor`s degree with 3+ years of professional experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English
- Highly detail-orientated and process driven
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities
- Ability to work as part of a global/virtual team
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- CRM/PSA experience strongly preferred
- Able to solve problems of varying complexity and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:63373
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.