What you’ll do
Our high-class interpreters provide consecutive interpretation (Japanese and English, both ways) between our Japanese clients and internal experts abroad. To achieve this, you`ll provide the interpretation through a web meeting platform (Microsoft Teams, Webex, etc), which typically lasts around 30 minutes (sometimes a call may be longer due to client needs).
What you’ll need
- Near-native or highly advanced English skills (Eiken first grade or TOEIC 900+)
- Near-native or highly advanced Japanese skills (JLPT 1+ and output exposure)
- Experience providing consecutive interpretation (no simultaneous interpretation experience is necessary) for 3 or more years.
- Excellent time management skills to handle preparation and execution of multiple calls per day (5-6 calls per day, on average)
- Willingness to do proactive, independent preparation without a formal preparation meeting
- Having knowledge of the IT industry/vocabulary and/or experience working in a B-to-B environment is preferred, but not mandatory
Who you are
- Be a self-starter in learning new concepts within the fast-moving IT industry
- The willingness to work flexibly between 8 am to 7 pm, depending on the clients’ needs (the actual total working hours will be close to 7.5 hours)
- Have a growth mindset and willingness to self-improve
- Be someone who likes to communicate with others inside and outside of the company (ex. having dialogue with clients to clarify their questions and needs)
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:63035
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.