Account Managers oversee a set of named accounts and have the opportunity to prospect for new business within a specific geography or vertical market. Success in the role relies on the ability to develop strategic relationships with key decision makers and to grow current accounts.
- Act as a trusted advisor to SMB C-level executives and their teams
- Deliver customized solutions to clients that draw from Gartner’s full portfolio of products and services to meet clients’ unique needs
- Maximize revenue through retention, upselling and building a pipeline of new business
- Pre-sale – prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, etc.
- Post sale – work with client to deliver strategy within the account to position for upsell opportunity upon renewal
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 – 5 years of consultative and solution-based selling experience with a demonstrated track record of quota-carrying success
- An independent and thoughtful sales professional with exceedingly developed sales and negotiation skills
- An overachieving sales professional who can confidently articulate and quantify previous successes
- A resolute sales professional who is driven by succeeding in challenging and complex sales opportunities
- A purposeful sales professional who has an established sales process and is coachable to build upon previous success using Gartner’s best practices
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:62933
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.