Content Manager, Evanta
The job of the Content Manager is to design and deliver compelling content tailored to each executive community we serve. This position develops event agendas across a portfolio of C-level events. The Content Manager conducts research and phone interviews to identify appropriate topics, secures speakers, creates appropriate session formats, and analyzes attendee feedback to measure success.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with program management to create compelling event agendas
- Schedule and lead calls with C-level executives and speakers
- Creatively write speaker profiles, presentation abstracts, invitations, stage scripts and prepare a variety of digital and print marketing materials in adherence with Associate Press and Evanta, a Gartner Company Style Guide
- Conduct efficient, independent and creative research on topics impacting Fortune 1000 organizations and C-level executives
- Negotiate, draft and manage speaker agreements with authors, thought leaders and industry experts
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, operations and other business units to ensure alignment with event strategy and delivery
- Evaluate content quality of events to achieve continual improvement
- Manage content projects, create and deliver departmental training, and provide support to content colleagues as needed
- Approximately 10% travel to events is required
- Provide customer service to large sponsor accounts
- 2-3 years relevant work experience is required
- Previous events industry experience is not required
- Enthusiasm, confidence, a strong professional work ethic and strong business acumen
- Ability to establish and build relationships with high-profile business executives
- Superior organizational and project management skills, along with attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and synthesize information quickly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to learn new subject matter quickly
- Effective interviewing skills
- Professional business and/or technical writing experience
- Proven track record managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Preference working in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, journalism, English or related field is required
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:62683
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.