We are currently looking for a Senior Manager, Marketing to drive lead and demand generation efforts across our Gartner Technology Sales (GTS) business line in Greater Japan. The Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for co-developing and implementing marketing strategies targeting IT Executives to drive lead generation, customer acquisition and cross-selling. He/she will develop a deep understanding of the GTS product offerings, and will utilize this understanding to create innovative and engaging marketing initiatives to support the global campaign engine in the region. He/she will work closely with sales, product and marketing leadership to drive marketing initiatives according to business priority while maintaining a valuable customer experience. Marketing impact is measured on revenue sourced from marketing leads and overall effectiveness in coordinating with teams. The position to be based in our Tokyo office. The successful individual will join a dynamic and growing organization, supporting personal and professional development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help develop marketing planning activities including the demand and lead generation strategy, prioritization of resources, liaison with key stakeholders with Japan as the core-focus market
- Interact with business unit leaders, present execution plans to them and influence their thinking on marketing projects/campaigns. Serve as marketing “expert” for the GTS business.
- Create and execute integrated marketing campaigns for new products.
- Explore and Develop co-branding partnerships for the GTS space.
- Work with the Marketing Centers of Excellence (particularly Corporate Communications, Experiential Marketing and Digital Marketing Teams) to leverage corporate wide marketing capabilities and skills and ensure compliance to corporate marketing standards.
Regional Product/Commercial team interface:
- Co-ordinate integrated, multi-tactical product and marketing programs intended to deliver client value, drive renewals and build new business.
- Improve commercial teams’ ability to authentically engage with segments through effective scripting and training materials and sessions.
- Support the adoption and activation of collateral and messaging use by the commercial and product teams – serving as centralized and consolidated voice of business tools and revenue-generating initiatives.
- Help create and maintain collateral development and marketing process consistency.
- Maintain regional collateral hub/portal for intuitive use by commercial teams.
- Create and manage structure for revenue team training/scripting/role-play sessions and lead sessions in partnership with individual program “product specialists.”
- Work across business lines to identify, leverage and integrate marketing ideas and activities.
- Independently manage projects from identifying the problem to be solved and potential solutions with periodic guidance from line manager.
- Ensure all leads are followed up by sales in a timely manner.
A successful candidate will possess:
- BS/BA degree, MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant B2B marketing experience a B2B environment ideally with experience in a services or solutions oriented businesses.
- Language requirement – English/Japanese
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to assess complex market landscape and create focused, integrated Marketing plans.
- Ability to implement Marketing plans, with proven track record of success.
- Ability to influence and partner with internal business partners on strategic objectives and challenges; Energy and positive attitude to work with varying stakeholders and get them through to the “final mile” of action and outcomes.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent program, project and time management and execution skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communications skills; Excellent oral communication skills; Ability to present self professionally and intelligently to internal clients/colleagues.
- Strong editing skills; Ability to learn substance of research quickly; Ability to graphically depict key insights; Synthesize competitive information on an ongoing basis to inform marketing strategy.
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness; Ability to build relationships and work well across multiple functions
- Work effectively and collaboratively within a global & local marketing team.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:62295
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.