About the role
Gartner is the world's leading source of talent supply and demand data. The data harvesting team powers all Talent Neuron products that provide the information our customers need to help them make strategic decisions.
Gartner is looking for a well-rounded and motivated Senior Software Developer to join its data normalization (ETL) team.
What you will do
- Build and automate the deployment of our data pipelines and applications to support data scientists and researchers with their reporting and data requirements
- Work on ingestion platforms using advanced Python, Java, Scala and understanding of AWS cloud services (e.g. EMR, ECS, EKS, Lambda, Step Functions)
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance & help write automated tests to ensure data integrity and prevent data loss
- Understand the data pipelines to gain knowledge and contribute for the improvements.
- Work with administrative resources and support provisioning, monitoring, configuration and maintenance of AWS tools, S3, & MYSQL
- Promote the integration of new cloud technologies and continuously acquire knowledge on new tools that will improve the organization’s capabilities while leading to lower total cost of operation
- Support automation efforts across the data analytics team utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools such as Jenkins
- Work with the team to implement data governance, access control and identify and reduce security risks.
What you will need
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical fields.
- Expertise with Java, Python & SQL.
- Good knowledge of Linux operating system
- Good understanding of AWS services such as S3, ECS, EKS, Lambda, Step Functions, EMR.
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
- Experience with unit testing.
- Experience with:
- ETL / data transformations
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Takes initiative on improvements and testing results
- Owner mindset – identify, communicate, and act on issues and initiatives
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in an organized and timely manner
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Experience working with fast-paced operations/dev teams and DevOps
Who you are
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 15,000 organizations in more than 100 countries — across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
To learn more about how we help decision makers fuel the future of business, visit gartner.com.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:62061
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.