The Sales Operations Specialist will support functions essential to the Sales team’s productivity to build strategy, analytics, process and tools that accelerate performance. This person will be part of a small, agile team dedicated to helping drive sales growth through pulling data and analysis by identifying areas for expansion and/or process improvement. Analyzing, building and scaling key metrics; coordinating with multiple teams and managers (Business Development, Client Success, Variable Compensation, and Marketing teams) to analyze and develop new processes and implement solutions. Coordinating with local, regional, and global sales teams to ensure goals are met/exceeded while adhering to best practices.
What You Will do:
- Assist sales teams with operational tasks, such as data analysis and policy execution
- Provide ad hoc analyses to understand targets, quotas, performance, whitespace, and impact
- Liaise with other teams, channeling information to the appropriate parties
- Integrate, compile, analyze, and evaluate data on sales performance metrics, including trends for products and services
- Design, report, and maintain KPIs
- Create sales performance KPI dashboards/presentations for sales leaders
- Producing digestible business insights and actionable information
- Support ongoing/annual operations activities
• Territory management
• Quota setting
• Headcount planning
What You Will Need:
- College degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Marketing, Business, or a related field
- 1-3 + years of industry experience in sales operations/data analysis/finance operations with a quantitative focus
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel – Advanced functions and Pivot tables (Macros a plus)
- Aptitude working in databases (SQL knowledge a plus)
- Ability to “see past the numbers” when completing data analysis and reporting
- Experience using data visualization programs (Power BI a plus)
- Strong slide-building, storytelling with data (e.g., using PowerPoint)
- Sales Performance Management tool experience is a plus
- Strong problem solving, judgment, and organizational skills
- Proactive and able to perform well against ambitious deadlines
- Highly focused; able to execute on one-off projects as well as on routine tasks
- Hardworking multi-tasker, team player, and naturally curious
Who We Are:
- Action Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation — Plus competitive benefits and generous time off
- A chance to make an impact — Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:62012
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.