Director, Strategic Content Management, Gartner Conferences
This critical position shares responsibility for shaping and developing the content of Gartner Analyst Keynotes and other marquee conference sessions, as well as the development and implementation of best practices that drive greater attendee content value and scalable process improvement.
Reporting to the VP, Strategic Content Management, this individual partners with Gartner’s Research & Advisory teams, strategic subject-matter experts, Customer Insights and Program Management portfolio leaders to ensure alignment of prominently featured content with conference value propositions, Gartner thought leadership and audience needs.
The Director is tasked to drive two key activities.
- Ensure that Gartner keynotes and marquee conference sessions deliver the optimal must-attend value proposition to C-level executives and their functional leadership teams, through provocative, leading-edge content, which has been verified with clients through consistent and systematic customer insight.
- Drive the development of processes, tools and best practices and the adoption of these across all relevant stakeholders, and ensure global consistency that drives our ability to scale these efforts around featured content.
Specifically, the Director
- Partners with Research & Advisory leaders to create and design featured conference content, including Analyst Keynotes, Signature Series presentations, and other prominent session types.
- Collaborates with the Customer Insights team to lead market-research, competitive intelligence and needs-assessment initiatives, in guiding strategic content development throughout the content cycle, from development, to delivery, to post-conference assessment.
- Collaborates closely with Global Conferences production and creative teams, to deliver exceptional, impactful audience experiences, and closely support speaker-development and coaching initiatives.
- Implements processes and tools for effectively scaling keynote and marquee-content development and execution, including creating and managing relevant “playbooks” in partnership with other key stakeholders.
- Identifies and evaluates competitive events for their keynote offerings, including attending competitive events.
- Innovates marquee-session experiences, collaboratively with Production partners.
- Works with R&A to identify the best keynote speakers, also supporting bench-building strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in addition to 7-10 years of business experience including 3-5 years content-development experience
- Convention, conference or content-rich program planning experience is highly desired.
- A high-achieving thinker and collaborator, with an appreciation of the need to make data-driven decisions and a proven ability to solve problems and drive change
- An individual with strong core values and a no-limits mind-set who demonstrates integrity, objectivity, and consistent results using global best practices
- Strong socialization and influencing skills
- A proven track record of leading successful teams and initiatives in a high-performance culture, and in a matrix environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with effective presentation skills
- A storyteller with a flair for and understanding of language and an understanding of the Zeitgeist, i.e., how subtle changes in society occur all the time and how these impact both language and how we tell stories, as well as know what’s truly new and groundbreaking.
- Demonstrable expertise in distilling complex ideas and concepts into easily digestible presentations and other experiences
- Familiarity with broad spectrum of business-management disciplines (strongly desired)
- Experience in supporting marketing/communications efforts to promote products
- Ability to objectively measure product success
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation while executing flawlessly
- Decision-making abilities
- Ability to accommodate moderate travel, including international (when applicable again)
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:62008
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.