Executive Supply Chain Partner - Life Science Industry Expert
Executive Supply Chain Partner (ESCP) serves as a trusted advisor to our members (clients) who are SVPs, EVPs and CSCOs from Global 1000 organizations and government agencies.
The ESCP’s role is to engage each member-client, and to help him/her identify mission critical priorities and key initiatives and to achieve specific enterprise goals.
Partnering with the member can include activities such as: defining, developing, coaching and/or critiquing strategies; helping develop and/or transform their organizations; assisting/advising with the development and execution of vision & strategy; aggregating and delivering Gartner research insights on key initiatives, priorities, and implementations; and in general, becoming a consigliore for the SVP, EVP or CSCO. With the support of their ESCP, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success.
The ESCP manages up to 24 senior executive member relationships, and participates in account planning with Senior LCMs and Senior Account Executives. These three individuals collectively and individually have responsibility for each assigned account.
The ESCP participates in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and renewal.
Success is defined by: executing a smooth hand-off from the sales team, regularly engaging the member in a substantive manner, creating a complete member profile, accurately identifying the member’s agenda, developing an engagement (value) plan, participating (with Sales and LCMs) in quarterly account reviews and preparing value-added member meetings.
Sales and Marketing Support
The ESCP is responsible for member retention and for contributing toward growth in the region through direct support of Gartner Sales in prospect cultivation, account plan development and value demonstration activities.
The ESCP supports research activities, such as facilitating member participation in research studies or case panels. The ESCP will be aligned with and leverage Gartner research positions and initiatives as well as provide feedback from the member base to the research organization. The ESCP works with research analysts to develop and deliver CSCO relevant research.
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing a customized value plan in accordance with overall Gartner Supply Chain strategy and Gartner Supply Chain product deliverables.
- Work with members in High Tech or Industrial to further their levels of supply chain maturity through delivery of research, peer networking, and coaching.
- Critique client strategies, guide clients in building their organizations, and assist in developing supply chain strategies, establishing priorities, and planning for implementation around key supply chain initiatives.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with various internal groups to create a comprehensive, well designed sustainable set of key deliverables for clients (including targeted research, personal coaching sessions, scripted analyst sessions, etc.)
- Direct and facilitate member peer group calls and/or meetings
Content Development and Management
- Participate in presentations
- Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share member experiences with analysts
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the Supply Chain member community portal and assisted member connections
- Lead and participate in roundtables and Gartner Exec Series WebEx’s
Subject Matter Expertise
The ESCP must be a senior business executive and have demonstrated topic knowledge in developing and delivering overall Supply Chain strategy, execution and performance improvement. The ESCP will be an accomplished current or former SVP, EVP of Supply Chain or CSCO who has managed a significant P&L; Direct Reports and significant total number of Associates. Candidate must have a broad base of expertise that has operated at a senior leadership level and driven change at all levels.
The ESCP is responsible to retain clients in accordance with established Gartner Retention Metrics. In addition, to work closely with Sales to vet and close “new’ CSCO business.
- A university graduate (Masters preferred) with 10+ years’ experience working in a senior management role; such as a CSCO, SVP, EVP, or COO in a Supply Chain Executive level capacity; or 5+ years in the capacity with 5+ years in another Supply Chain Executive role, such as “Partner in Supply Chain Consulting”.
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills; no whiff of arrogance about them and the ability and experience working with C level executives.
- This individual should have strong reflective listening skills and the ability to adjust to client cues and needs
- An in-depth understanding of Supply Chain industry and the role of the CSCO (including leadership, operations management, strategy and trends, use of metrics, etc.)
- In depth understanding of the business value of Supply Chain and the alignment of Business and Supply Chain strategies.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to assess member situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business advice, and the ability to leverage appropriate (Gartner and other) resources to help clients achieve business results
- Ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Energetic, Sales savvy
- Collaboration and team leadership
- Sales and / or business development experience or ability with CXO level executives
- Strong time/project management skills
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:61971
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.