The Director, Program Management-Operations, at Gartner’s celebrated Conferences organization is responsible for managing a wide variety of initiatives that will enable a fast-growing team of product leaders to build and develop must-attend conferences. This leader is charged with creating and implementing effective processes to support product strategy, and with developing productivity tools and systems to facilitate achievement of high revenue and profit targets for a global portfolio of events. The director leads the global coordination of consistent program operations, including best-practice sharing and collaboration across global centers of excellence.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop frameworks and implement tools/systems to ensure operational consistency and facilitate scale across an expanding portfolio of conferences targeting the full C-suite of business and IT leaders
- Implement rigorous best practices within the program-management discipline that will enable consistency among our products, drive revenue, and increase client value and satisfaction
- Liaise with Gartner Research & Advisory leaders and stakeholders to ensure processes and best practices are effectively aligned to drive success within the business
- Lead team-wide product and performance analytics; liaise with Gartner business-intelligence teams to support relevant data and information needs; drive critical analysis and reporting requirements
- Identify program management areas of resource efficiencies to enable creation of new centers of excellence
- Drive project work-streams from inception to delivery that will underpin program development and innovations
- Actively participate in global PM meetings to ensure effective planning and communication on the various aspects of our business
- Facilitate global market-research and competitive-intelligence best practices across the program management organization, in collaboration with the customer-insights center of excellence
- Support relevant program/customer technology initiatives, working with Conferences operations/technology project-management teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in addition to 7-10 years of business experience
- Strong background in conference/event management (strongly desired)
- A motivated leader with a proven track record of delivering results and leading successful teams and initiatives in a high-performance culture
- An individual with strong core values who demonstrates integrity, a no-limits mind-set, and a strong customer-first focus
- An exceptional thinker and collaborator, with an appreciation of the need to make data-driven decisions and a proven ability implement best practices, solve problems and drive change
- Strong aptitude for working with, analyzing and synthesizing data and information; evaluating business metrics and performance; and ability to effectively present and communicate results and solutions
- Ability to build and leverage business relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to identify, research, and define market opportunity
- New product/event-development experience
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:61831
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.