About the role:
This is an opportunity to join a high performing unit within an exceptional organization.
When you join Gartner you´ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We are the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, career development and growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
We are looking for a self-motivated problem solver who can lead and work in partnership with our 3rd party service provider. Based in our Amsterdam office the Director, Real Estate Operations, is responsible for leading office operations and services management for Gartner locations in Northern Europe and the DACH region. Reporting into the VP, Real Estate you will be responsible for the tactical implementation of our real estate strategy specifically focused on facilities management, workplace operations and customer experience. You will be responsible for providing a superior work environment in existing and future Gartner premises in the region, ensuring effective partnership and collaboration with local business leaders.
What you will lead:
- Ensure safe, functional and comfortable working conditions at all Gartner in-region offices, contributing to associate productivity and retention driving employee experience
- Liaison with in-country interest groups and key stakeholders.
- Build and manage customer relationships with local business and office leaders
- Support VP, Real Estate in planning, monitoring and controlling annual operating budgets.
- Provide accurate and timely capital and operating expense forecasts; actuals against budget and variance details as part of the EMEA team
- Manage FM, Project fit-outs, Food, Mail, Reception, Conferencing, Moves/Adds/Changes and Security & Safety related services for in-region offices with a strong focus on hospitality, user experience, wellness and sustainability
- Manage office support personnel budgets and expenses
- Manage and develop regional operations team of external resources
- Manage vendor relationships with external service providers and landlords
- Collaborate across different Gartner functions (IT, HR, Communications, etc.) to deliver enhanced associate experience
- Build strong team spirit and culture across all internal and external stakeholders
- Compliance with occupational safety regulations, address and resolve workplace safety issues that may arise working in partnership with Health, Safety and Security team
- Understand regional business strategies and translate them to workplace requirements, with the objective to deliver necessary space and services proactively and effectively.
- Lead project management initiatives to assist in executing office design and development, project execution, refurbishment and commissioning of the offices within region
- Proactively identify and recommend initiatives that focus on service improvements, cost reductions, quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry trends and other relevant factors that affect workplace effectiveness
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in facilities management, engineering, a related field or a recognized qualification commensurate with the aforementioned, e.g. RICS, IWFM, IFMA, Euro FM.
- 7+ years of progressive management experience with proven ability to manage multi-location teams
- Verbal fluency and literacy in German
- Demonstrable experience in customer-facing role and tacit understanding of delivering an exceptional customer experience.
- 3+ years of customer service/hospitality experience
- 3+ years vendor management experience
- Experience on both client and vendor side preferred
- Strong customer focus, responsiveness, interaction and conflict resolution skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills to prioritize self and team in a fast-paced environment
- Space planning, building infrastructure, hospitality operations and vendor contracting knowledge
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Budgeting, financial analysis and business-case development skills
- Outstanding project management skills (projects involving internal and external stakeholders) with ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads and the ability to work autonomously
- Competent working knowledge and literacy of sustainability best practices working in partnership with Global CSR to help reduce our carbon footprint
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:61438
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.