Gartner is seeking an analyst to provide research and advice for marketing leaders in marketing and customer data.
About this role:
This role creates thought-leading marketing data and analytics research for our Gartner for Marketing Leaders clients through published research, conversations with clients (Inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for how customer analytics and data-driven marketing will evolve.
You will advise marketers on:
- Strategic customer data strategies, including navigating privacy and consent, emerging preferences and regulation.
- Marketing leaders' role in supporting an enterprise strategy, including recommending advanced analytic capabilities and creating/aligning data-driven marketing analytics to roadmaps.
- Brand/Media budgeting and planning and attribution, Strategic marketing data, customer insight for the CMO.
- Managing data for marketing measurement and customer analytics
- Building customer profiles with first, second, and third-party data
- Segmentation and customer data modeling, such as propensity modeling, lifetime value modeling, lead scoring
- Establishing data pipelines and designing efficient data structures to integrate across disparate marketing data sources and systems.
- Working with IT to determine the right solutions for data storage, transformation, and integration with other marketing systems.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst, you will work alongside other experts in your field, collaborating and contributing to one of Gartner’s fastest-growing products. You’ll help clients get more value from their marketing data, by meeting with them: on the phone, in a video conference, from the stage at a Gartner event, or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction, analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting clients’ key initiatives.
- Deliver high-quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high-quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Predict how marketing data and analytics technology markets are developing, help clients in their selection process and assist vendors in overall market positioning.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified and adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference, or webinar, and event presentations.
- Maintain Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the broader sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support to retain and grow the business.
What you’ll need:
Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc., and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- Subject matter expertise in data-driven marketing and personalization, specifically supporting aspects of audience building and customer data modeling (including data management, data engineering, and data science) with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the business applications and opportunities within that market. Knowledge of the competitive vendor landscape, emerging providers, disruptors, and outsourcers is essential.
- Understanding of the business needs driving investments in customer data, personalization, and marketing technology and the challenges marketers face as they shift to more data-driven processes
- Knowledge of data collection, processing, and storage requirements for marketing, including a strong understanding of real-time and streaming data (and supporting technologies)
- Knowledge of what distinguishes first-, second- and third-party data; customer data and profile management, customer data modeling; audience building and targeting
- Understanding of challenges marketers face working with customer data including integration, deduplication, privacy and consent, walled gardens (such as Google and Facebook)
- Data storage and architecture requirements(data lakes, data marts, data warehouses, and marketing technologies that deal with customer data such as marketing clouds, CDPs, DMPs, and personalization engines)
- Analysis leveraging existing tool capabilities, advanced analytics platforms, or open-source (SAS, R, Python)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a marketing role or technical role working closely with and supporting marketing
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to travel (about 10%)
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:61363
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.