Senior Account Executive, Gartner Technology Sales, Large Enterprise - Public Sector, Central Government
Are you looking for a fast-paced career with a global market leader? If so, think about Gartner. The world's leading research and advisory company, Gartner (NYSE: IT), delivers the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right business decisions every day. We are seeking highly motivated field sales professionals to contribute to our double-digit growth, backed by the solid infrastructure of a world-class sales organization.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a passionate but driven account manager who is also a proven business developer, as this role will be a 50/50 split between account management and new business. This is your chance to build c-level relationships with some of the most exciting government departments whilst driving new business within your defined territory. Do you want to work with senior IT leaders and help them uncover their mission-critical priorities? Do you want a new challenge and help build a Public Sector for the future? We're looking to speak to you!
What you will do:
- Consult with C-level executives to develop and implement an effective, enterprise-wide strategy that maximizes the value delivered by Gartner's products and services
- Account management with outcome of increased customer satisfaction and increase in retention & account growth
- Quota responsibility of about $1M+ of contract value within a territory of large-sized enterprises from a finance/insurance sector
- Account planning and territory management
- Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Mastery and consistent execution of Gartner's internal sales methodology
- Maintain relevant knowledge & focus
What you will need:
- Min 8 years of direct sales experience (with min 2 years of sales experience in IT sector – consulting, solutions, software, services or support)
- Experience in selling to large organizations with annual revenue of $100M+
- Experience in negotiating with a C-level within large organizations
- Evidence of prior success in sales
- Proven experience building excellent client relationships, offering value-added, insightful and strategic insight into their business
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close
- Excellent written and oral/presentation skills
- Ability to develop and conduct effective presentations with key stakeholders
- Fluent in English
What do we offer:
In addition to the opportunity to make a real impact at a growing company with rapid advancement, Gartner sales associates are highly recognized with exceptional compensation and benefits which include:
- Uncapped earnings and competitive base salary
- Participating in our world-class training and onboarding in a collaborative environment
- Experiencing great work-life balance with a generous leave allowance
- Impacting an organization's most critical priorities and working directly with c-level executives
- Receiving generous performance-based rewards, including all-expense-paid trips to exotic places around the world
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America's Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Job Requisition ID:
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:61065
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.