Title: Sr. Data Scientist
About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to join our fast-growing Data Products & Innovation team within the Global Product Management organization and work with a group of data scientists, engineers, and product managers to drive significant business impact. Your team focuses on leveraging Gartner’s proprietary data to innovatively bring better products to our clients across all industries. We are leveraging data science to define and implement new business models and build data-driven products. Your role specifically will be to apply data science with design thinking and lean product principles to define, design, and implement algorithms that are core to our business and set the foundation for new products. Ideal candidate should want to deeply understand our client’s needs and be a champion for applying data science to improve the client experience. Come join us building something great!
What you will do:
- Given the broad areas that we are responsible for, you will likely to start with a domain but may get involved in other domains. A few potential projects or products you may get involved with:
- Applying Natural Language Processing (NLP) to advise Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) on emerging security threats
- Using machine learning and topic modeling to advise Chief Information Officers (CIOs) on recommended topic areas for engagement
- Using predictive modeling to develop forward-looking projections of emerging trends in venture capital investment to advice Tech CEOs
- Using statistical analysis to advise Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs) on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Leveraging design thinking, client input, and a “data science mindset” to identify, prioritize, and assess opportunities to leverage data science to deliver value to our clients
What you will need:
- Bachelors in a quantitative research field (e.g., Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, etc.).
- 6-8 years of total experience, including 3-5 years progressive hands-on experience building predictive models, recommendation systems, and/or NLP/text mining tools.
- 1-3 years of early-career experience working in consulting, strategy, business analyst, or product roles, or equivalent experience gained through data science roles
- Familiar with the foundational approaches to the major data science disciplines, such as data preparation, advanced statistics, machine learning, simulation, and natural language processing
- Practical, intuitive problem solver with a demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into actionable data science tasks and translate quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies
- Connections to the recommendations and / or information retrieval academic community
- Experience and proficiency with various programming languages (e.g., Python), machine learning tools (e.g., scikit-learn), statistical packages (e.g., Scipy), SQL/relational databases (e.g., Oracle) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, graph database), Linux and shell scripting
- Passion for new product development and product development lifecycle, including product strategy, development, and launch
- Experience managing or mentoring junior data scientists preferred.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching, and more!
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at 203-964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:60770
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.